Knoxville-based JetWave International believe that leadership skills are crucial to business success and that being a great leader requires high emotional intelligence. The sales, marketing, promotions and consulting company argues that emotional IQ matters now more than ever.
JetWave International: About the firm
Emotional intelligence is defined as the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. JetWave International contends that emotional IQ is important in business because it helps people to build relationships and become better leaders.
CEO at JetWave International, Isaac Jackson is a big fan of Daniel Goleman who wrote, Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ and Working With Emotional Intelligence, where Goleman presented five categories of emotional intelligence and revealed to the pillars of emotional intelligence.
1. Self-awareness: Someone who is self-aware can identify their strengths and weaknesses, and importantly, how their actions impact others. Goleman explains how self-aware people can listen to and learn from constructive criticism.
2. Self-regulation: Those with high emotional intelligence can reveal their emotions and exercise restraint when necessary.
3. Motivation: Goleman explains that emotionally intelligent people are resilient, optimistic and driven by their inner ambition.
4. Empathy: Empathy is an often under-estimated quality in business. Goelman states that someone with empathy has compassion and an understanding of human nature which allows them to connect with others on an emotional level. Mr Jackson believes that the ability to empathize is vital for great leadership.
5. People skills: Emotionally intelligent people can build rapport and trust quickly which is invaluable when it comes to team building and being a great leader. Operating in a people-focused business, it is imperative that the workforce at JetWave International possess outstanding people skills.
JetWave International held a workshop this week, highlighting the five pillars of emotional intelligence, in an attempt to help their workforce gain a deeper understanding of the subject and to aid their progression.
Speaking on the subject, CEO at JetWave International, Mr Jackson commented, “I firmly believe that emotional intelligence matters now more than ever. Developing the ability to understand and connect with people on an emotional level can be the catalyst for success. Every business is dependent on developing great leaders, and if people can raise their emotional IQ, it will have a huge impact on their leadership ability.”
JetWave International is Knoxville's premier sales, marketing, promotions and consulting company. The firm is committed to the development of their business, and they frequently host educational workshops to assist them in their business career.
Isaac Jackson: CEO
Knoxville’s Premier Events, Retail, and In-Store Marketing Promotion Company. Founded in November 2017 and based in Knoxville, Tennessee, JetWave is a trusted business and consulting firm founded on previous experiences and principles.