Six Yorkshire tourism businesses will go head-to-head with national rivals in a bid to scoop the most prestigious awards in English tourism.
The highly coveted Enjoy England Awards for Excellence, organised by VisitEngland, promote the best places to visit and stay in England from large hotels to small Bed and Breakfasts, and tourist attractions.
Gary Verity, chief executive of Welcome to Yorkshire, is hoping for a collection of Yorkshire winners:
“Tourism is high on the national agenda, especially in the lead up to London 2012, which is why it’s more important than ever before to celebrate the very best England has to offer.
“Yorkshire is proud of its warm welcome and quality tourism offer which is why more people are choosing to holiday here. Congratulations to everyone shortlisted for the national awards, let’s make this a winning year for the Yorkshire tourism industry”.
The shortlisted candidates from Yorkshire are:
- Access for all Tourism Award - The Deep, Hull
- Caravan Holiday Park - Faweather Grange, Yorkshire
- Large Visitor Attraction (Over 100,000 visitors) - RHS Garden Harlow Carr, North Yorkshire
- Self Catering Holiday of the Year - The Dovecote Barns, Yorkshire
- Small Hotel of the Year (Under 50 Bedrooms) - The Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa, North Yorkshire
- Small Visitor Attraction (Under 50,000) - The Walled Garden at Scampston, North Yorkshire
The shortlist features the winners from the White Rose Awards 2010, organised by Welcome to Yorkshire.
The winners will be announced at a glittering Enjoy England Awards for Excellence ceremony on the 15th April at the Great Hall, Birmingham.
Welcome to Yorkshire is the official tourism agency for Yorkshire, working to grow the region's visitor economy and providing information on hotels in Yorkshire, accommodation, days out and outdoor activities.