Apr 29, 2013 06:49 BST Atos, an international information technologies services company, is the coordinating partner of the ARTIST European project, which is developing a set of methods, tools and techniques to facilitate the transformation of legacy software assets to a Cloud-based delivery model.
Atos and Yonyou to Strengthen Strategic Cooperation in Asia Pacific, Focusing on Cloud ComputingMay 29, 2012 10:00 BST
Atos, the European leader in IT services company, and Yonyou (formerly UFIDA), [SSE UFIDA Software], the Chinese leader in management software solutions and cloud services in Asia-Pacific, formed a new strategic partnership using their complementary strengths and expertise to address the growing Cloud market in Asia Pacific, targeting in priority the private cloud market in China and the public cloud for the rest of Asia Pacific. In addition, the two companies will work together to introduce new integrated manufacturing solutions to the Chinese market.
Following the joint venture YUNANOTM , formed in Nov 2011, Atos and Yonyou companies have advanced on their joint Cloud offerings in Asia Pacific, completed a Proof of Concept of Yonyou ERP over Atos cloud infrastructure in China and have started running several trials for customers.
Li You, Executive President of Yonyou Software Co., Ltd said: “Atos is one of the world’s best-known IT services providers. Through our strategic partnership, Yonyou can achieve its strategic goal in cloud computing and can meet the new demands and features of globalization of cloud computing to build up innovative cloud management and IT information services”.
Herbie Leung, CEO of Atos in Asia Pacific said: “Creating this strategic partnership is an important step in our strategy to further grow our market share in Cloud services in Asia Pacific, especially China that are set to accelerate sharply in 2012. Yonyou is the leading software company in China with more than 1.5 million customers and an excellent credibility in the marketplace. Our combined forces will accelerate our innovative offering of cloud computing and IT services to serve customers Asia Pacific benefiting at the same time from Yonyou recognized Software capabilities and from Atos footprint and proven Cloud capabilities.”
In China, Atos and Yonyou intend to jointly create market-leading private cloud enterprise applications & services to offer mid to large enterprise an unrivalled choice and opportunity to advance their IT enterprise management and operations securely and cost effectively into the cloud. For Asia Pacific, Yonyou will offer their leading enterprise applications (CRM and ERP) under Canopy, a new Atos company in which EMC and VMware plan to invest and will be, dedicated to offer one-stop-shop enterprise applications over the cloud.
Integrated Manufacturing Solutions
Another major joint offering from this partnership is the introduction of a new suite of integrated manufacturing solutions in China where Atos the solutions will be based on the integration of Siemens Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) & Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software with Yonyou NC ERP software. The partnership, targeting middle to large manufacturing enterprises, will present the next-generation of manufacturing solutions integrating product & service innovation, manufacturing operations excellence, across supply chain, operations and sales performance. The solutions will enable forward-thinking manufacturing companies to accelerate their growth with a significantly shorter time to market, to manage a diverse range of products and customizations, while maintaining tight control on quality in a dynamic world.
The partnership provides an unrivalled cloud offering for the management software market in Asia-Pacific as well as the unique integrated manufacturing solutions. Yonyou, listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange market, brings its ERP experience with 12,000 ERP engineers and consultants, a strong base of 1.5 million customers in Asia-Pacific. Leveraging Atos strength in manufacturing solutions and cloud infrastructure managed services and Yonyou’s competitive ERP offerings and its focus on innovation, the partnership addresses the private Cloud market and manufacturing marketing in China for medium-size to large organizations in China, as well as medium-size organizations in rest of Asia Pacific, where there are in need of a scalable, first-class offering at a competitive price.
Advantages of joint offering to customers
- The integrated manufacturing solutions brings a new manufacturing equation for customers, from collaborative engineering, having accurate timely “shop floor to top floor” intelligence and overall synchronized operations, enabling customers to achieve real-time adaptive operations and executive readily to meet the dynamic demands.
- The partnership brings together to customers, the deep understanding of Chinese customer’s ERP needs and operations in manufacturing from Yonyou, based on world class PLM and MES solutions, and Atos global fields unique expertise in bridging the gap between core systems and processes.
- End-to-end ERP Private Cloud solutions for large enterprises in China–The end-to-end offerings through this partnership enables customers in China to accelerate their move to the cloud securely and effectively. From IaaS, PaaS and SaaS along with Cloud transformation strategy Consulting, Systems integration and Managed Services, customer can expect a well guided and smooth transition with optimal results.
- Customers in Asia Pacific can now acquire leading Asia adapted CRM/ERP solutions for different industries from Yonyou readily, without the need to invest in hardware, perpetual licenses or implementation costs, as it is available on-demand.
- Anticipated to be delivered through the Enterprise Application Store by Canopy, powered by EMC and VMware technologies, Customers will have access to a broad range of other cloud-based enterprise applications with the flexibility to deploy when needed, all under the Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
- Anticipated to be based on best of breed technologies from global cloud computing industry leaders EMC and VMware and supported by No. 1 European managed service provider Atos, customers will be able to rely on Canopy to provide one integrated dynamic services: dynamic scalability, high availability, high volume data storage, simplified management, and cost effective.
Atos in APAC CEO Herbert LEUNG, Atos in China CEO Yanan LIU, Yonyou Software Co., Ltd. Executive President You LI, Vice President Qiangbing CHEN and some other representatives attended the official signing ceremony held in Suzhou in May 2012.