Update on the recovery efforts for the Gambro plant in MedollaAug 07, 2012 09:00 BST
Gambro is continuing to work intensively on the recovery operations in Medolla where our plant was affected by the earthquakes in the Emilia – Romagna region of Italy in May and early June. As always, the top priority for us is the continuity of patient care and we are doing everything possible to ensure that our customers have the products they need to treat their patients. The overall steering committee consisting of members of Gambro’s Senior Management remains in place and is closely overseeing and coordinating the entire recovery effort involving experts from all functional areas. So far the measures implemented have been successful and the following progress has been made:
- We have started manufacturing of spare parts in our new plant in Crevalcore, Italy and we are planning to resume production of the Artis and Phoenix monitors within the next month.
- The new automated warehouse in Varese, Italy is now fully operational and managing deliveries.
- A new temporary plant in Poggio Rusco, Italy is in place where we have partially restarted production of bloodlines.
- We have opened new offices close to Bologna, Italy where R&D, customer & technical assistance and other support functions are once again fully operational.
- We have recovered and cleared a substantial amount of products from the damaged Medolla Distribution Center and those products are being delivered to customers.
Gambro is continuing to actively monitor the status of our customers’ stock, inventory and weekly consumption in order to prioritize deliveries. Please be assured that Gambro is committed to do everything possible to support our customers and we are grateful for their excellent cooperation during this unfortunate situation and with the support we have from our partners and suppliers.
If you need further information, please call your local Gambro representative.
See also the previous update (here)