Adagio – which has established a reputation for leisurely paced guided holidays on terafirma – has now taken to the high seas with the launch of its first ‘Cruise Adagio’programme. Prices include all meals, an exclusive welcome party on one evening and a traditional afternoon tea with waiter service on a sea day, walking tours, shore visits, restaurant trips and the services of a dedicated tour leader. A range of extra benefits such as early booking cabin upgrades and drinks inclusive packages are also available on selected sailings.The operator has teamed up with Fred. Olsen to offer two great holiday options aboard the newest of the cruise line’s fleet ‘Balmoral’ which sails from Southampton. These include:The Norwegian Fjords – an 8 night cruise and walk through some of the world’s most stunning scenery.Highlights – apart from the opportunity to enjoy the ship’s many facilities – include, the ports of Stavanger; Bergen, where a cable car takes one up Mount Fløyen; the composer Edvard Grieg’s house at Troldhaugen; Flåm at he southern end of Aurlandsfjord; a train ride to Myrdal; Olden in Nordfjord; the Briksdal Glacier; waterfalls, farms and villages lining the Mauranger and Hardanger Fjords and most spectacular of all, the Fureberg Waterfall.
Price from £1350 per person. Departs Southampton 3 July 2015.Atlantic Coasts – a 6 night cruise and walk holiday along the coasts of France and Spain following in the wake of pilgrims and pirates.Highlights include, the port of La Coruña in Galicia; Santiago de Compostela, famed for its pilgrim images (picnic lunch from ship); the Cathedral of St James; a Pintxos lunch in the Basque city of Bilbao with its famous Gugenheim Museum; the seafaring haunts of La Rochele and St Martin and Ile de Ré (including lunch), whose shores are peppered with quaint old fishing villages.
Price from £999 per person.
Departs Southampton 19 October 2015.
www.adagio.co.uk and 01707 38670
(All Adagio holidays are led by a dedicated tour specialist.)
· Award-winning Ramblers Worldwide Holidays have been established since 1946 and are the experts in guided walking adventures.
· The company now operates to over 140 destinations in 60 countries.
· You can now view the new Online Brochure here
· Ramblers Worldwide Holidays offer a range of graded walks from leisurely to challenging.
· Alongside its traditional guided walking proposition, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays provide independent UK walking adventures via its Load Off Your Back programme www.loadoffyourback.co.uk
· The operator is a not-for-profit company and contributes monies to the Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust which supports environmental projects both here and abroad.
· Their portfolio also includes specialist holidays linked to walking such as, cooking, cruising, birdwatching, rail journeys, photography, singing and flora.
· Ramblers Worldwide Holidays provide a fully protected service as members of ABTA, AITO & ATOL scheme.
· Ramblers Worldwide Holidays has launched The Walking Partnership -an initiative which champions walking at the 'grass roots' level by providing funding and support to walking groups and clubs throughout the UK http://www.thewalkingpartnership.org.uk