A total of 15 test traders have pledged to pitch in Rochdale during Love Your Local Market fortnight.
As part of the event, which runs from 14 -28 May, Rochdale and Middleton markets offered stalls to new traders for just £5 a day.
And a host of businesses, including Ladies Only Gym, Shabby Chic Furniture and Jessica Sammon Designs, have heeded the call.
The following stalls will be running in Rochdale during the fortnight:
- Ladies Only Gym – selling health foods and exercise equipment (Thursday 15 and 22)
- Rochdale Hornets – selling tickets and merchandise (Saturday 17 May )
- RSPB – selling membership (Friday 23 May)
- Jessica Sammon – selling handmade cards, wrapping paper and mugs (Wednesday 14 to Saturday 24 May)
- Loose upholstery covers (Friday 16 to Wednesday 28 May)
- Costume jewellery (Friday 16 and 23 May)
- Reading glasses (Saturday 17 and 24 May)
- Wood carved goods (Friday 16 May)
- Handmade jewellery, wine and champagne glasses with charms (Friday 16 and 23 May)
- Handmade jewellery (Monday 19 May, Wednesday 28 May)
- Vintage clothes (Saturday 17 May)
- Personalised frames and gifts (Saturday 17 and 24 May, Wednesday 28 May)
- Shabby chic furniture (Saturday 17 May)
- Non-alcoholic drinks (Saturday 17 May)
- Personalised gifts (Saturday 17 and 24 May)
And curious shoppers will also be in with a chance of scooping a prize worth £50, with a market hamper up for grabs throughout the fortnight.
The hamper contains goodies donated by the stalls including fresh fruit and vegetables, fair trade chocolate, a toaster, a voucher for free shoe repair and much more.
Shoppers simply have to visit the market anytime during the fortnight and leave their details on one of the cards which will be available on the stalls. These can then be left with the stallholders or in the market office on the balcony. The winner will be drawn on Friday 30 May.
Rochdale Market Manager, Jeff Charlesworth, said: “We really want Rochdale market to get bigger and better. We already have a new fishmonger trading on Saturdays who has received some fantastic feedback from shoppers. This is a great start, but we’d like even more new stalls and the traders who have come forward for Love Your Market fortnight give shoppers a taste of what we could have. That’s why I’d encourage everyone to come down and take a look at what’s on offer.”
Rochdale market will be open as normal during Love Your Local Market Fortnight. The opening times for the normal stalls, including the test traders, are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Saturday with the exception of Tuesday which is flea market day. The market will be closed on Bank Holiday Monday (26 May).
Rochdale Borough Council - We are a council which builds success and prosperity with our citizens and partners, whilst protecting our vulnerable people.