boot Düsseldorf 2017, 21st to 29th January, Hall 13A Stand 049
North Cyprus destination offers safe and peaceful base all year round in heart of fascinating cruising area at good value prices
TYHA International Marina of the Year Karpaz Gate Marina has announced its berthing prices and special benefits for boat owners for 2017.
The 5 Gold Anchor marina on the Karpaz peninsula in Northern Cyprus is offering special incentives for owners and captains looking to choose a safe and secure home for their boat or yacht in the East Mediterranean.
Notable advantages include on-site technical and leisure facilities and the chance to explore a fascinating country and interesting cruising area with a long sailing season.
An ideal winter berthing option, Karpaz Gate Marina’s annual contract prices include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 14 days hard standing, or the boat owner can opt to pay a lower price with a 40 per cent discount*. Annual berthing packages also include an option to suspend the contract for up to three months.
For short term moorings up to six months, there is up to a 30 per cent discount for the summer season (April 1 to September 30) and up to a 15 per cent discount for the winter period (October 1 to March 31).
For owners leaving their boats unattended, a free ‘Special-Care Package’ provides peace of mind that their yacht is regularly checked and cleaned.
The marina also offers a unique ‘Freezing Option’ which grants clients freedom within the terms of their contract. The option allows boat owners to suspend an annual contract for up to three months to be used one time within the annual contract period if they wish to visit another location or spend time cruising.
Harbour Master Deniz Akaltan said: “At Karpaz Gate Marina, we promise to take special care of your yacht and allow you peace of mind knowing your yacht is safe and secure. Our dedicated and professional team will ensure your yacht is treasured in your absence and ready for you to enjoy when you return. Your yacht is in safe hands at Karpaz Gate Marina.
“Our marina is the perfect winter and summer base, emphasising high quality standards in all professional marine facilities, technical services, food and beverage, leisure and entertainment. Our aim is to provide outstanding service, shelter and security for all our clients.”
Karpaz Gate Marina is located in a secure and sheltered harbour with CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each area.
Boat owners can take advantage of the Karpaz Gate Marina boatyard, which features an 18,000 square metre dry dock and 300-ton capacity travel hoist and service pedestals.
Berth holders and visitors also benefit from duty-free status for further savings on fuel, technical service, spare parts and supplies.
The marina caters for yachts up to 60m and offers alongside mooring for yachts over 30m.
Karpaz Gate Marina offers a luxurious experience in a unique, unspoilt location for captains, family and crew. It is the first modern marina in North Cyprus and an official Port of Entry, opening up the gateway to the region’s new cruising paradise.
Leisure facilities include the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, which serves a selection of Cypriot and international cuisine. Guests also have access to Karpaz Gate Marina Sailing Club, a fitness centre/gym and Mephisto Diving Centre. Other on-site activities include Music and Movie Nights, BBQs, art exhibitions at the art gallery and other special events.
Karpaz Gate Marina provides a special concierge service, which is available to assist with booking flights, travel, hotel accommodation, activities on the island and provisioning. Free or discounted car rental, plus free use of the marina shuttle bus, is available.
The island of Cyprus has recently been ranked one of the safest countries in the world. The beautiful and historic North Cyprus region features ancient castles and abbeys, vibrant culture and enticing cuisine.
*Terms and conditions apply
Ends / Date: January 2017
Note for editors:
The boot Düsseldorf press kit can be downloaded as PDFs from 'Documents' at the end of this email, including:
- Press release: Karpaz Gate Marina Wins TYHA International Marina of the Year Award 2017
- Reviews from Karpaz Gate Marina berth holders
- Karpaz Gate Marina Fact Sheet
For further information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel:+90 533 833 7878
For further press information, contact:
Jules Riegal or Clive Bartlett
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2017 International Marina of the Year; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include music and movie nights, BBQs, art exhibitions
- Shore services: include on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM and Cyprus Yachts brokerage and new boat sales office
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Management company: Sea-Alliance Group
- Harbour Master: Deniz Akaltan
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
- 2017 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 14 days hard standing for annual berth holders; up to 30% discounts on berthing rates; free ‘Special-Care Package’; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; individually-tailored packages*Terms and Conditions apply
Get in touch:
- Address: Karpaz Gate Marina, Yenierenkoy, North Cyprus
- Website: www.karpazbay.com
- Twitter: @KarpazGate
- Instagram: @karpaz_gate_marina
- Telephone: +90 533 833 7878
- Press information: firstname.lastname@example.org