London Boat Show 2017, 6th to 15th January, Turkish Marine Tourism Association Stand E024 and Which Marina Stand E017
North Cyprus destination offers safe and peaceful base all year round in heart of fascinating cruising area at good value prices
Karpaz Gate Marina has announced its berthing prices and special benefits for boat owners for 2017.
The 5 Gold Anchor marina on the Karpaz peninsula in North Cyprus is offering special incentives for owners and captains looking to choose a safe and secure home for their boat or yacht in the East Mediterranean.
Notable advantages include on-site technical and leisure facilities and the chance to explore a fascinating country and interesting cruising area with a long sailing season.
An ideal winter berthing option, Karpaz Gate Marina’s annual contract prices include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 14 days hard standing, or the boat owner can opt to pay a lower price with a 40 per cent discount*.
For short term moorings up to six months, there is up to a 30 per cent discount for the summer season (April 1 to September 30) and up to a 15 per cent discount for the winter period (October 1 to March 31).
For owners leaving their boats unattended, a free ‘Special-Care Package’ provides peace of mind that their yacht is regularly checked and cleaned.
The marina also offers a unique ‘Freezing Option’ which grants clients freedom within the terms of their contract. The option allows boat owners to suspend an annual contract for up to three months to be used one time within the annual contract period if they wish to visit another location or spend time cruising.
Harbour Master Deniz Akaltan said: “At Karpaz Gate Marina, we promise to take special care of your yacht and allow you peace of mind knowing your yacht is safe and secure. Our dedicated and professional team will ensure your yacht is in safe hands in your absence and ready for you to enjoy when you return.
“Our marina is the perfect winter and summer base, emphasising high quality standards in all professional marine facilities, technical services, food and beverage, leisure and entertainment. Our aim is to provide outstanding service, shelter and security for all our clients.”
Karpaz Gate Marina offers a luxurious experience in a unique, unspoilt location for captains, family and crew. It is the only international standard yacht marina in North Cyprus and an official Port of Entry, opening up the gateway to the region’s new cruising paradise.
Karpaz Gate Marina is located in a secure and sheltered harbour with CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each area.
Boat owners can take advantage of the Karpaz Gate Marina Boat Yard, which features an 18,000 square metre dry dock and 300-ton capacity travel hoist and service pedestals.
Berth holders and visitors also benefit from duty-free status for further savings on fuel, technical service, spare parts and supplies.
The marina caters for yachts up to 60m and offers alongside mooring for yachts over 30m.
Leisure facilities include the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and water sports centre, and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, which serves a selection of Cypriot and international cuisine. Guests also have access to a fitness centre/gym and Mephisto Diving Centre. Other on-site activities include Music and Movie Nights, BBQs, art exhibitions at the art gallery and other special events.
Karpaz Gate Marina provides a special concierge service, which is available to assist with booking flights, travel, hotel accommodation, activities on the island and provisioning. Free or discounted car rental, plus free use of the marina shuttle bus, is available.
The island of Cyprus has recently been ranked one of the safest countries in the world. The beautiful and historic North Cyprus region features ancient castles and abbeys, vibrant culture and enticing cuisine.
*Terms and conditions apply
Date: January 2017
For further information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: + 90 533 833 7878
For press information, contact:
Jules Riegal or Clive Bartlett
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
Notes for Editor:
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Vision Statement: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Karpaz Gate Marina was awarded The Yacht Harbour Association’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina achieved ICOMIA Clean Marina standard in July 2013
- Karpaz Gate Marina joined the ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG) in September 2014
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a member of ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Karpaz Gate Marina is the only international standard yacht marina in North Cyprus
- Karpaz Gate Marina is located on the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North
Cyprus (known as the “pan-handle” of the Island)
- Cruising highlights in North Cyprus include: Kyrenia Ancient Harbour, Escape Beach, Alagadi Turtle Beach, Kaplica Bay, Monastery Bay and Famagusta Harbour
- The southern Turkish coastline, including destinations such as Alanya, Marmaris and Antalya, are a short sail away, while Rhodes is 300nm away
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 300 berths accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift
- Karpaz Gate Marina is a Port of Entry and has Duty-Free status
- Karpaz Gate Marina has a pump-out station and its own treatment centre for waste
- Karpaz Gate Marina produces its own freshwater on site
- Karpaz Gate Marina has 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the site as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Free Wi-Fi is available for berth holders
- Shore services include an on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM and Cyprus Yachts brokerage and new boat sales office
- Leisure facilities include Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Hemingway’s Resto-Bar, fitness centre/gym, Mephisto Diving Centre, Cinema/Art Gallery and children’s facilities