· The speed you need: Class 4 data transfer speed* for stable HD video recording
· Peace of mind: free File Rescue software for recovering deleted or damaged photos, music and video
· Share the fun: combine music and pictures into great slideshows with free x-Pict Story™ software
Sony is set to bring its special blend of quality, reliability and performance to the memory card market with the launch of a range of SD/SDHC and microSD/microSDHC cards.
Sony is already a global leader in the memory card sector thanks to its high technology developed through popular Memory Stick™. With the Memory Stick™ product line, Sony also introduces the world's first, high value-added model with the function of close proximity wireless transfer technology Transfer Jet TM(MS-JX8) aiming at offering new advantage and unique user experience to customers instead of supplying a memory card for recording/storing data. "SxS (S by S) Memory Card" for professional products offers users various benefits which support and enhance features of a host device with its ultra high-speed data-transfer and high reliability.
The new cards are the end point of a rigorous program of testing and development designed to create a superior product.
All cards offer the performance necessary to get the very best from sophisticated hardware. Class 4 data transfer speed means stable HD video recording and more than enough speed to cope with the advanced functions of compact digital cameras and high-end camera phones.
Sony SD/SDHC and microSD/SDHC cards offer customers added value in other ways too. For a start, they will get peace of mind thanks to powerful File Rescue software, available as a simple, free download. This enables quick retrieval of photos, video, or music that were damaged or deleted by mistake**.
Then there’s x-Pict Story™, also available as a free download, which lets you combine your choice of music with your pictures to create outstanding slideshows. The software is so easy to use everyone in the family can join in, and a slideshow-sharing function ideal for uploading to video sharing service like YouTube means no-one need miss out on the fun.
Both File Rescue and x-Pict Story™ are also available as free downloads for Memory Stick™ customers.
The SD/SDHC range includes:
· 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB models, while the microSD/microSDHC* line-up offers a choice of 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacities (SD Adapter included as standard)
· All cards are ultra-resistant to shock and can withstand temperature extremes from -25C to 85C
· Special, easy-recycle packaging features less plastic and reduced weight and volume
Sony SD and microSD products will go on sale in February 2010.
*Except microSD SR-2A1(2GB)
**Except for files that contain Digital Rights Management (DRM) , Game data, AVCHD files. Sony cannot guarantee the data restoration of all files.)
Memory Stick™ and x-Pict Story™, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.