On 28th June 2013, Stoke Park welcomed 17 teams of golfers to compete in the first ever Official James Bond Golf Day in association with EON Productions.
On arrival the teams were welcomed by an enormous 007 sign, as Stoke Park, itself an iconic Bond location having been the setting for arguably the most iconic golf battle in cinematic history between James Bond and Goldfinger was transformed to host this truly unique event.
Infamous Bond cars were on display, from Goldfinger’s Rolls Royce Phantom III to Sean Connery’s (and more recently in Skyfall, Daniel Craig’s) vintage Aston Martin DB5.
The event, sponsored by Virgin Atlantic, Champagne Bollinger, Aston Martin and Srixon Golf is the first of its kind.
The teams of four played a Stableford format, with the best two scores of the four counting for each hole. All teams were named after a Bond connection, with team Octopussy , consisting of Richard Copeman, Nick Bayly, Stuart Collier and Dave Novell returning victorious each winning Virgin Atlantic flights plus fantastic Bond Memorabila.
Aston Martin were on hand to offer guests and teams ride and drives.
Guests of the players, and also guests joining for only the evening do arrived for the Black Tie Gala Dinner. This event kicked off in style with a Champagne Reception, with champagne provided by Bond’s favourite tipple, Champagne Bollinger, followed but an exquisite three course meal, prepared by Stoke Park’s executive chef, Chris Wheeler.
Guests were joined by legendary Bond producer and owner of EON Productions , Michael G. Wilson and Bond stars who included:
· Michael Billington - Spy Who Loved Me
· Colin Salmon - Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is not Enough & Die Another Day
· Martine Beswicke - From Russia with Love & Thunderball
· Goldie – The World is not Enough
· Maryan D'Abo - The Living Daylights
· Carole Ashby - Octopussy & A View to a Kill
· Jenny Hanley - On Her Majesty's Secret Service
· Fiona Fullerton - A View to a Kill
Guests partied the night away in true Bond style, and most importantly raised over £ 30,000 for Spinal Research, the UK’s leading and most influential spinal cord repair charity.
Stoke Park, Europe’s leading five star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, is set among 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes, historic gardens and monuments created over the past one thousand years.
Stoke Park is the perfect place to enjoy life in a friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members’ club and the best of today’s sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.
• 5 AA Star Hotel with 49 Luxury Bedrooms and Suites, all with Superb Marble Bathrooms
• 3 Restaurants, Bars and Lounges (Humphry's, 3 AA Rosettes)
• 27 hole Championship Golf Course, designed by Harry Colt in 1908
• State-of-the-art 4,000 sq. ft. Gymnasium, Fitness and Spinning Studios
• Health & Beauty Spa and Salon with 11 Treatment Rooms
• Indoor Swimming Pool with Hydro-Seats
• 13 Tennis Courts (six grass, three indoor and four all-weather)
• Crèche, Games Room and Outdoor Playground
• 8 Private Rooms for Entertaining and Conferences
• 14 Acres of Private Gardens