May 01, 2015 17:30 BST Ramblers Worldwide Holidays
May 01, 2015 17:30 BST Ramblers Worldwide Holidays We have uncovered this photograph of the ‘original Hassness House’, which was designed by the poet Ruskin. It was located where the chalets and garages are today. That wooden building is what is now the Dalegarth Bed & Breakfast establishment. The original Hassness House was demolished sometime around 1900, following fire damage and was replaced by the new existing building , nearer to the Lake.