(Fornebu, 30 August 2016) The environmental foundation ZERO and Telenor are joining forces in an effort to encourage the emergence of more environmental entrepreneurs. ‘Green technology is in demand, but the road to market is tricky. We want to reach out to entrepreneurs and help them get more environmental technology onto the market,’ says Berit Svendsen.
Technological innovation is a crucial element of the solution to the world’s climate challenges, and Norwegian green investments are sparse. Together with ZERO, Telenor will be an active contributor to the realisation of new, green technology.
‘The Norwegian entrepreneurial scene is enjoying strong growth, but we need more green entrepreneurs to solve the climate challenge. It is the shared responsibility of the Norwegian authorities, major industrial players and us at ZERO,’ says Marius Holm, ZERO’s General Manager.
The Greenovation competition tempts green entrepreneurs by offering office space, Zero’s environmental expertise and Telenor’s substantial network and support apparatus, as well as a place on Kjeller Innovation's exclusive accelerator programme Techmakers Green.
‘Access to expertise, networks and support apparatus are at the top of entrepreneurs’ wishlists, and it’s the least we can give them,’ says Berit Svendsen, CEO of Telenor Norway.
ZERO and Telenor want entrepreneurs who have an idea that has the potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by technological means to enter the competition before 15 September. As long as the idea is green and ready to be presented, you may be the one Telenor and Zero are looking for.
‘It’s about finding business models and new solutions that utilize resources more efficiently, and which can make our lives smarter and greener. Society’s consumption of resources need to shift to a more sustainable and circular economy, which creates solutions to challenges being faced by society while also providing competitive advantages and opportunities for sustainable growth,’ says Svendsen.
How to apply:
- Provide a brief description of the product, idea or service here before 15 September: link.no/greenovation
- Selected applicants will be invited to present their idea at MESH during Oslo Innovation Week on 18 October.
- The winner will be announced at the Zero conference in November.
The winner will receive:
- Office space in an inspiring working environment with free broadband and telephony for one year.
- A place on Kjeller Innovation’s exclusive, green 3 month accelerator programme.
- A personal contact at Telenor and Zero.
- Access to support and network channels at Telenor and Zero.
- Access to marketing, financial, and technological expertise.
- One selected participant will be invited to the 100 pitches semi final during Oslo Innovation Week in October.
For further information, please contact:
Caroline Lunde, PR Manager at Telenor Norway
Tel.: +47 971 55 855, email: email@example.com
Telenor Norway AS is the largest provider of telecommunications and data services in the country. Through our mobile and landline network we provide telephony, broadband, and cable TV services to residential and business customers across the country. We also sell services to other telecoms operators. We have 4000 employees working in 30 locations around Norway, including Svalbard. Our head office is located at Fornebu in Bærum. Read more about Telenor Norway at www.telenor.no