Our vision for the Education Foundation is bold and ambitious.
We want to help create a world class British education system that harnesses the potential of schools, colleges, universities and businesses across the UK
A key focus of the Foundation is education reform and after our national launch in November 2011 we are looking to lead and shape the national debate about how we can create long lasting change, that impacts positively on the 15 million young people engaged across the UK education system.
We are starting a national conversation about the Foundation on this site, on twitter and in discussions with some leading voices in the sector. But some key areas for focus for the Foundation are:
- Fostering discussion and debate about the future of education in the UK
- Creating a national debate about education reform, at both strategic and teacher level, drawing on learning and experiences of countries across the globe
- Building collaborative networks among leaders, thinkers and policy-makers across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors
- Undertaking research into the challenges and opportunities facing the education system
- Developing new policy ideas and foster practical social and education innovation
- Creating and commissioning projects, programmes of work, and publications, that demonstrate what works in practice in schools, colleges and universities
- Drawing on the best ideas and thinking from around the UK to impact positively on education in schools, colleges and universities
We are now looking for people and organisations to work collaboratively with us – please contact us to find out more.