Dec 10, 2013 20:30 GMT The Nobel Foundation During this evening, guests at the 2013 Nobel Banquet have enjoyed a three course menu ...
Hen Night Ideas London Hen Party Ideas London Hen Do London
Peacock BarMar 04, 2011 20:36 GMT
Planning a hen night in London? Looking for fun hen party afternoon or evening activities as well as a great night out after. Well look no further check out Peacock Bar. Peacock Bar is Battersea and Clapham Junction London's award winning 2am late night cocktail bar, restaurant & night club venue, but with a twist, combining burlesque and cabaret early evening with a cheesy 70s 80s 90s 00's retro club after, every Friday & Saturday, to create truly awesome club nights. However as well as the great shows, drinks, dining and 80s Djs after we have created a great range of hen party ideas & activities too.
Burlesque, cabaret & 80s disco every Friday and Saturdays till late
Fridays -"Oh What a Lovely Recession" 8pm-2.30am (Open from 5pm, 2 for 1 cocktails till 8pm)
On Fridays from 8pm-2am we bring you "Oh What A Lovely Recession" a club night with a twist combining burlesque shows early with retro indie tinged 80/90s/00s Djs after to create a truly memorable night .Never been to a cabaret show before? Worried its not your thing? Don't be you can still enjoy the great bar vibe and Djs after (although we find almost everyone is bowled over by the shows! anyway) and we only ever put volunteers on the stage promise!!!We begin the performances from 9pm with a great burlesque & cabaret shows - anything from Sinatra to Tranny's (see the list of performers below) - and we always include a lot of audience participation!. After the shows from 10.30ish its indie tinged disco and dancing with DJ Paul Knight of Living & School Disco fame spinning indie tinged 80s, 90s, 00s tunes with a bit of rock thrown in too until carriages at 2.30am. All aided by tacky original 70s/ 80s visuals and rubbish cheapo lighting for that real School Disco feel. Entry Complimentary all night (guestlist for guaranteed entry)
Saturdays -"It's a Party" 8pm-2.30am (Open from 5pm, 2 for 1 cocktails till 8pm) .....
On Saturdays from 8pm-2am we bring you "It's a Party" a club night with a twist combining burlesque shows early with retro 80/90s/00s Djs after to create a truly memorable night .
We begin the performances from 9pm with two great burlesque & cabaret shows - anything from Sinatra to Tranny's (see the list of performers below) - and we always include a lot of audience participation!. If you have not been to a burlesque or cabaret club before and are worried its not going to be your thing don't fret you can still enjoy the great bar vibe during the shows and the Djs after (although we find almost everyone is bowled over by the shows anyway) and we only ever take volunteers from the audience! After the shows from 10.30ish its disco and dancing with our very own Eastenders celebrity DJ Dave DiskoJuice spinning 80s, 90s, 00s tunes with a bit of funky house thrown in too until carriages at 2.30am. All aided by tacky original 70s/ 80s visuals and rubbish cheapo lighting.
Oh and just so you know Dave DiskoJuice has taken to giving lucky customers signed copies of Hello magazine but if you want to make requests you now have to go through his agent 14 days in advance (very helpful Dave) . That's of course when's he' s not boring you with stories of all the celebrities he now knows! Entry Complimentary all night (guestlist for guaranteed entry)
Girls Night Out Ideas & Activities
Here are Peacock Bar London's most popular options for hen nights looking for fun afternooon & evening activities
- one hour cocktail making class (at £19 pp /3 cocktails each or £30pp 5 cocktail version). However must start early for that. Insanely popular now and had rave reviews in Time Out "Cocktail Clubbing" and Fluid Foundation "Top 10". Available from midday onwards. Check out http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PeacockBar#p/u/32/3fZVWvEuskk.
-“Posh or Chav” champagne tasting classes (3 flutes £25pp 4 flutes £33pp 5 flutes £40pp). Do you have a large estate or are you just from a large estate? Lets see if you can match the champagnes to the tasting cards. If you can we deck you out in Top hats and Tiaras for your photos. If not its Burberry (fake of course) and naff bling jewelery for your modeling shots. Available from midday onwards. Great fun.
-Cupcake workshop (£35pp). All the pastes, swirls, sparkles, glitters and of course figurines needed to make the perfect cupcake (or rather eight of them). Oh I forgot to say we also dress you up in 40s style aprons, tiaras and pearls (well its a classy hen night right?), score you ("nice face pity about the cupcakes") and take your photos too. Great fun and you can combine with our afternoon cream teas, cocktail or champagne tasting classes. Comes with a complimentary glass of cava too. Available from midday onwards. Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6nIDDZR_s
-Chocolate making workshop (£35pp). All the dipping, decorating, making and tasting that is decent with strawberries, pralines, biscuits and of course figurines allowing you to make the perfect chocolate (or rather eight - twenty of them). Oh I forgot to say we also dress you up in 40s style aprons, tiaras and pearls (well its a classy hen night right?), score you ("nice face pity about the chocolates") and take your photos too. Great fun and you can combine with our afternoon cream teas, cocktail, cupcake or champagne tasting classes. Available from midday onwards. Comes with a complimentary glass of cava too
-Burlesque & Pole dancing classes. The world's most popular hen party afternoon activity (ok I made that up but d*mn good fun anyway). Check out our sister co www.polepeople.co.uk AND then show off your newly acquired skills at Peacock in front of 300 screaming people (see Stage below). Available from midday onwards.
-Afternoon cream teas (2 course £10pp 3 course £14pp with champagne £20pp). Enjoy a stunning traditional English cream tea served with clotted Devon cream of course. Our champagne version is especially popular. Available from midday onwards.
-Multi activity packages (£5pp or £10pp discounts). Making it an afternoon / evening of party activities? There is a £5 per person discount if combining two activities (eg cocktail classes and cupcake making classes) or one activity with afternoon tea and a £10 per discount if combining two activities and a dining option (eg cocktail classes, cupcake making & afternoon tea). What nice people we are even if we say so ourselves!
- White Tie drinks reception either champagne or sparkling wine variant (£5 /£3 per flute) also very popular served by our guys in white tie all posh like. Other drink options like V, M or C Heaven also popular but not advisable to do more than two of drink options really
-Flaming champagne bottles, glasses & bucket (£30 house / £50 Mumms). We bring a bottle of champagne, & bucket with glasses and ice to your table. Nice but not exactly memorable. However in our version we put a roman flare in the bottle and bring it slowly through the crowd and everyone starts cheering / watching Great fun. Works best if kept as a surprise and done in between shows when lights down. Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DokrD9e8vVg&feature=channel
- Dining . We suggest the £15 pp two course or £20 pp three course sharing plates . Looks really good and tastes really good and comes out over first hour or so of party PLUS get more seating AND party pack of poppers, crackers & whistles . Much better value than ordering from bar menu . However if just want a spread /snacks we advise ordering a reduced number of £15 sharing plates as more fun than just starters /canapés. PS for groups doing cocktail lessons early on Sat we recommend 3 course option (or 50/50 split 2/3 course) with late dessert as we have noticed a tendency amongst girls especially to wilt otherwise!
- Flaming Designer cake (large £35) with message from you on cake comes with sparklers /roman flare you both cut up from behind bar and we take pics. Also works best if kept as a surprise and comes out late in breaks between shows. Also do a variation where at same time bring wrapped present with sparklers attached to your table (no charge for this). Works best if kept as a surprise and present is either very romantic or rather rude! Check out http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PeacockBar#p/u/40/IksaWe4EhV8
-Stage? Dressing Up? Both are a very very good idea makes it really special and you will have tons more fun. Dressing up can be really simple (eg just accessories like hats & shades and anything period works very well here. Or just very glam/sexy/vampish!). We have people coming from all over the country just to go on stage. Can though decide on night having seen other people go on stage if shy! Check out "Stars In Their Eyes". Check out http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PeacockBar#p/u/40/IksaWe4EhV8
-Wanted extrovert single girls and guys for stage? We desperately need extrovert single girls and guys for stage too (they have to be single cos errrr not telling you it's a secret!) they will be handsomely rewarded. Just give us their names and point them out to us on the night and we will do the rest. Come on there must be someone in your group who qualifies? Ps And can I just say that any rumors you may have heard that we auction them off or arrange for them to be stripped live on stage are completely untrue and no more than nasty gossip spread by our jealous competitors!
-“Testio /God Is A Dj”. Give us your 5 favorite songs- we put you on the pulpit behind the decks for that Ibiza Dj “giving it large” moment all caught for ever by our photographer – and yes we have glowsticks too! Works best if you wave your hands around manically as you work the crowd into a frenzy (hopefully) or at least your loyal friends anyway! Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqV_7Pk86hg&feature=channel.
- Say Hello to Richard Gere Imagine this a very cool very good looking guy walks into the bar dressed as Richard Gere from Officer and a Gentleman in full white naval officers uniform except he is better looking. He has a rose in his hand . "Take My Breath Away" starts playing as he walks around the bar looking for ........you!! Everyone in the bar knows something is going to happen and start cheering. He finds you gives you the rose, picks you up in his arms and carry's you back to your area. "Foxy Lady" starts playing and he commences to (partially) strip...... Now everyone stops what they are doing and starts screaming (well the girls anyway). Sound like fun? Check out http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PeacockBar#p/u/48/e29ErABY4EE
To book our Richard Gere costs £120 and we only allow one booking a night. This is highly stylized theatrical entertainment and not to be confused with cheap Dial a Stripper services
-Say Hello to Miss Saigon. One for the boys imagine a very chic masked oriental girl done up all burlesque style …….. following exactly the routine as in “Say Hello To Richard Gere” . In fact we quite often do them at the same time. Fun or what?
To book our Miss Saigon costs £120 and we only allow one booking a night. This is highly stylized theatrical entertainment and not to be confused with cheap Dial a Stripper services
To book call Larry on 020 7223 9633 or visit our website www.the-peacock-bar.co.uk or email email@example.com
With a fab location just minutes from Clapham Junction - if you are looking for a great hen night in Kent, hen party ideas in Sussex, hen party venue in Surrey or a hen night venue in Sussex - forget it and come to Peacock Bar instead
Peacock Cocktail Bar Restaurant & Club
148 Falcon Road (2 mins Clapham Junction)
London SW11 2LW
Tel: 020 7223 9633
Fax 020 7542 8032
Internet marketing and search engine optimisation by London SEO Consultancy - SEO Consultants