- 200,000 discounted tickets up for grabs for east coast journeys
- Prices from as little as £5 each way for Standard Class and £20 each way for First Class
- Discounted tickets on sale between Wednesday 23 and Friday 25 November
Beat black Friday by bagging discounted tickets in Virgin Trains’ seat sale which starts Wednesday November 23 and finishes on Friday November 25. Two hundred thousand tickets are up for grabs, comprising 150 thousand Standard Class and fifty thousand First Class, for travel between January 4 and February 10 2017*.
Discounted fares include flat rate offers on both Standard and First Class tickets across the whole east coast route. Standard class tickets are on offer from £5, £10 and £15 – all each way, while First Class tickets can be grabbed from £20, £25 and £30 – all each way.
Discounted fares include the below Advance Single tickets:
- London King’s Cross to Leeds Standard Class; originally from £14.50, now £5
- London King’s Cross to Leeds First Class; originally from £41, now £20
- Newcastle to London Standard Class; originally from £40, now £10
- Newcastle to London First Class; originally from £66, now £25
- Edinburgh to London King’s Cross Standard Class; originally from £41, now £15
- Edinburgh to London King’s Cross First Class; originally from £66.50, now £30
David Horne, Managing Director at Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “Our fantastic deals offer our customers discounted tickets to any destination on our east coast network, giving them the opportunity to escape those January blues and get away to some of the beautiful locations on our route. We’re delighted to be offering our customers the chance to travel in style for less on one of our newly refurbished trains, which feature stylish new interiors and a touch of Virgin glamour for added customer comfort. Customers will also get to enjoy free onboard Wi-Fi, free movies, TV episodes, magazines and games via Beam, Virgin Trains’ new onboard entertainment service, and food from the recently revamped menu featuring James Martin dishes.”
Discounted tickets will be available to book from 0001 on November 23 2016 at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/snoozeyoulose
*Terms & Conditions
- Book between 00.01 on Wednesday 23 November and 23:59 on Friday 25 November 2016 only at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/snoozeyoulose and www.trainline.com
- *Valid on tickets travelling between 4 January to 10 February 2017, excluding 4 and 5 February (inclusive)
- For travel on Virgin Trains East Coast services only
- No pre-registration required
- At least 150,000 Standard and 50,000 First Class of our Advance tickets will be made available across the travel period and are subject to availability
- Limited availability on peak services and at weekends
- No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards and eVouchers
About Virgin Trains:
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. We have already invested £21m to completely revamp our existing fleet and customers can now benefit from 42 additional services (22,000 extra seats) per week between Edinburgh and London. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo - from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
Press Office: 0845 000 3333.