Happy Families On Virgin Trains
- Take the whole family away for less with the Family Ticket offer available online and in train stations; prices start from £50 on Virgin Trains on the West Coast
- Extended beyond the summer holidays through to January 2017
- Book 12 weeks out or 1 day out – the price is the same
- Virgin Trains is extending the dates for the pocket-friendly Family Ticket Offer. Now stretching beyond the summer holidays, the ticket allows families of up to six people to travel the UK in comfort and style and at unrivalled value. Families can book on www.virgintrains.co.uk or in person at train stations.
- The value fares allow up to two adults and four children to travel as a group on our most popular west coast routes. Prices starting from £50 are bookable 12 weeks out and right up until the day before travel. The Family Ticket Offer will enable families all over the UK to make the most of the continued sunshine with visits to major cities and destinations including London, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow and Manchester.
- Families need only to reserve their outbound journey and they can return any time within a month. The price is fixed for a family of any size up to two adults and four children, so there’s never been a better excuse to visit the relatives, see the sights of a new city, or soak up some sunshine around Great Britain.
- Return from Birmingham to London from £65
- Return from Liverpool to London from £95
- Return from Manchester to London from £95
- Return from Glasgow to London from £160
- Virgin Trains, said: “As the seasonal weather rolls on and the sun keeps on shining, we thought it the perfect moment to extend our value-busting Family Ticket Offer right through to 2017. Whether families want to plan ahead for the October half term, or just need a weekend away to recover from the shock of going back to school, we know this ticket offers unbeatable value and will keep the country smiling, well into winter.”
- For more information or to book, visit https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/family-offer
- For the purpose of this promotion, a “Family” is defined as: a minimum of one adult and one child; and maximum of two adults and four children
Example fares for the Family Ticket Offer include:
Anita Brown, Customer Experience Manager, said:
About Virgin Trains:
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. We have already invested £21m to completely revamp our existing fleet and customers can now benefit from 42 additional services (22,000 extra seats) per week between Edinburgh and London. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo - from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
Press Office: 0845 000 3333.