If you’ve spent too much time soothing feuds between family members over the holidays, it might be time to bag yourself a bargain escape route.
A total of 200,000 cheap tickets are up for grabs from Virgin Trains along their east coast route from London to Edinburgh. At £5 for a single ticket between London and Leeds, £10 between London to Newcastle and £15 between London and Edinburgh, the bargains are eye-wateringly tempting.
Those needing that extra bit of nurturing after dealing with particularly irritating relatives should be able to justify upgrading to First Class. At just £40 for a First Class ticket all the way from London to Edinburgh, their deal will include the full package including complimentary food and drink, free Wi-Fi and more spacious and comfortable seats.
George Shuttlewood, Head of Marketing for Virgin Trains on the east coast, said:
“All those who’ve spent the last two weeks with seriously annoying relatives have our deepest sympathy. We're delighted to be able to offer a sharp exit with our super-cheap tickets.
“This is an excellent opportunity to save big on travel between Edinburgh and London, and many of our destinations in between. And with 200,000 seats available over the travel period, there’s plenty of choice.
"London is always our most popular destination, but with prices so low it’s the perfect opportunity to try somewhere new.”
The bargain seats are on sale from today (Monday 4 January 2016) until Friday 8 January and only through the web page: www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/superfly. All tickets are for travel from 5 January to 23 March 2016.
All offers are subject to availability. As well as seriously beguiling bargains for off-peak week-day travel, some peak-time tickets are up for grabs as well as more limited (due to engineering works) but equally tempting deals for weekend travel.
Because the prices are already so low, no other offers or discounts can be used, including Railcard or child reductions. Once booked, no changes, refunds or break of journey can be made.
Notes to Editors:
All tickets sold under this special offer are for single journeys, to/from stations served by Virgin Trains on the east coast between London and Edinburgh only. Tickets are subject to availability, and no other offers or discounts can be applied. For First Class tickets bought as part of the offer, a £5 supplement applies for access to the First Class Lounge at London King’s Cross station only. No changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.
Full details, terms and conditions are available on the special promotional web page, www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/superfly
Contact the Virgin Trains East Coast Press Office: 0116 366 3988 during office hours (09.00 - 17.30 Mon-Fri). Outside these times, and for urgent media enquiries only, please call 08700 005151 and ask for the duty Virgin Trains East Coast press officer to be paged.
Virgin Trains East Coast is the brand name of InterCity Railways Ltd (ICR), which is owned by Stagecoach Group (90%) and Virgin Group (10%). Virgin Trains East Coast began operating services on the East Coast Main Line on Sunday 1 March 2015, serving key UK cities including London, Peterborough, Doncaster, Leeds, York, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness. In November 2014 the Department for Transport awarded ICR a new franchise until at least 31 March 2023.
Virgin Trains East Coast is committed to delivering a high speed, high quality service with new services, faster and more frequent journeys, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. More than £140m is to be invested in delivering improved service and a more personalised travel experience for customers.
Visit the Virgin Trains East Coast Media Centre at: http://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/media-centre for the latest news and images.
• Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, mainland Europe, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 38,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
• Stagecoach is one of the UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,300 buses and coaches. Around 2.8 million passenger journeys are made on Stagecoach's buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group’s business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK and continental Europe.
• Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It is also the majority shareholder (90%) in the new Virgin Trains East Coast franchise and has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast rail franchise.
• Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
• In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,400 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, airport express services, contracted, charter and sightseeing services.