Calling all lonely hearts. Stuck for what to do on Valentine’s day? Join the Virgin Trains love carriage for a one-of-a-kind speed dating experience.
Virgin Trains is offering a select few a romantic train journey from London King’s Cross to York on the 14th February. This one off event will be hosted by service expert and TV celebrity Fred Sirieix, the charming French General Manager of Galvin at Windows and founder of The Art of Service. Get your love life back on track by booking yourself a “single ticket” and make it a Valentine’s to remember.
This unique experience at 125mph will set your heart racing. Playing cupid, Fred has designed a world-class experience using his service expertise and will guide passengers on their journey of love up the east coast. Fred is known for his charisma and hospitality and is the perfect host to get singletons in the mood for love. As one of the UK’s top rated Maître D’s with oodles of dating experience, Fred will help the lucky singletons find their perfect match on the love carriage. Virgin Trains on-board staff will be given a masterclass in the art of service by Fred to ensure the evening goes off with a bang.
This revolutionary dating experience will see 24 singletons switching seats throughout the journey, meeting potential suiters. The carriages will be decked out with red roses, romantic music and prosecco to set the mood. Sit back, relax and get on board for a chance at finding love.
Tickets will sell out fast so visit www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/lovecarriage to ensure your love life does not go off the rails. The singles only carriage will leave King’s Cross at 2.52pm and returns at 7.52pm.
Fred Sirieix commented, “Valentine’s Day should be celebrated by all and I am over the moon that Virgin Trains has brought me on-board to host the festivities and officiate as the on-board matchmaker. Both happiness and love are within each of us. The thing is we need to go and get it and we have laid it on especially for you with top service and hospitality in a first class carriage this Valentine’s Day. It’s here for the taking, so come and join us!”
David Horne, Managing Director of Virgin Trains on the east coast route said:
“Here at Virgin Trains we want all our amazing customers to enjoy Valentine’s Day, including our single passengers. The love carriage is the perfect place to meet new people and who knows, romance could be one train-ride away.”
High speed dating guests are invited to enjoy the excitement of the ‘Love Carriage’ upon one of Virgin’s newly revamped trains. Virgin Trains recently announced a £42m investment for its East Coast route, including money for refurbishing the interior and exterior of the trains, as well as an engine overhaul for the fleet ahead of the arrival of Hitachi Super Express Trains in 2018.
ADDRESS: King’s Cross Railway Station, Euston Rd, London N1 9AL
DATE AND TIME: 14th February 2016, 14.52 / 19.52
For further information, contact Hope & Glory PR:
email@example.com / 020 7014 5316 / 07935856014
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 566 9736 / 07795577190
Contact the Virgin Trains East Coast Press Office: 0116 366 3988 during office hours (09.00 - 17.30 Mon-Fri). Outside these times, and for urgent media enquiries only, please call 08700 005151 and ask for the duty Virgin Trains East Coast press officer to be paged.
Virgin Trains East Coast is the brand name of InterCity Railways Ltd (ICR), which is owned by Stagecoach Group (90%) and Virgin Group (10%). Virgin Trains East Coast began operating services on the East Coast Main Line on Sunday 1 March 2015, serving key UK cities including London, Peterborough, Doncaster, Leeds, York, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness. In November 2014 the Department for Transport awarded ICR a new franchise until at least 31 March 2023.
Virgin Trains East Coast is committed to delivering a high speed, high quality service with new services, faster and more frequent journeys, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. More than £140m is to be invested in delivering improved service and a more personalised travel experience for customers.
Visit the Virgin Trains East Coast Media Centre at: http://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/media-centre for the latest news and images.
• Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, mainland Europe, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 38,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
• Stagecoach is one of the UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,300 buses and coaches. Around 2.8 million passenger journeys are made on Stagecoach's buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group’s business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK and continental Europe.
• Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It is also the majority shareholder (90%) in the new Virgin Trains East Coast franchise and has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast rail franchise.
• Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
• In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,400 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, airport express services, contracted, charter and sightseeing services.