Save BIG on 150,000 tickets – go get ‘em!
That’s how many cut-price seats are up for grabs in Virgin Trains East Coast’s seat sale!
And with prices starting from £10 in Standard Class and £25 First Class, the savings are red-hot!
The super-cheap seats are on sale from today (Tuesday 25 August 2015) until Friday, and only through our Yeah Baby Seat Sale web page: www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/yeahbaby.
George Shuttlewood, Virgin Trains East Coast’s Head of Marketing, said: “This is a great value deal - and it’s going to be epic!
“This is your chance to save big on travel between London and Edinburgh, and everywhere we go in between. And with over 150,000 seats available over the travel period, there’s lots of choice.
"London is always the most popular destination, but with prices so low it’s the perfect opportunity to try somewhere new or take a trip to visit family and friends.”
Here are a few examples of some of the amazing fares up for grabs:
• £10 each way London to/from Leeds or York, £25 First Class
• £15 each way London to/from Newcastle, £35 First Class
• £20 each way London to/from Edinburgh, £40 First Class
Customers can only take advantage of this great Virgin Trains East Coast offer by visiting the special web page at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/yeahbaby - it’s first come, first served to the best deals and all bookings must be made by midnight on Friday (28 August 2015).
The cut-price seats are for travel from Saturday 5 September to Friday 13 November 2015, excluding 26 - 27 September, 3, 4, 9 and 10 October, and 23 October to 1 November inclusive.
First Class tickets include the full package, with complimentary food and drink, free Wi-Fi and more spacious and comfortable seats.
All the offers are subject to availability, with limited numbers sold for travel on Fridays and Sundays, and on peak-time services. Because the prices are already so low, no other offers or discounts can be used, including Railcard or child reductions. Once booked, no changes, refunds or break of journey can be made.
Notes to Editors:
All tickets sold under this special offer are for single journeys, to/from stations served by Virgin Trains East Coast between London and Edinburgh only. Tickets are subject to availability, and no other offers or discounts can be applied. For First Class tickets bought as part of the offer, a £5 supplement applies for access to the First Class Lounge at London King’s Cross station only. No changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.
Full details, terms and conditions are available on the special promotional web page, www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/yeahbaby.
Contact the Virgin Trains East Coast Press Office: 0116 366 3988 during office hours (09.00 - 17.30 Mon-Fri). Outside these times, and for urgent media enquiries only, please call 08700 005151 and ask for the duty Virgin Trains East Coast press officer to be paged.
Virgin Trains East Coast is the brand name of InterCity Railways Ltd (ICR), which is owned by Stagecoach Group (90%) and Virgin Group (10%). Virgin Trains East Coast began operating services on the East Coast Main Line on Sunday 1 March 2015, serving key UK cities including London, Peterborough, Doncaster, Leeds, York, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness. In November 2014 the Department for Transport awarded ICR a new franchise until at least 31 March 2023.
Virgin Trains East Coast is committed to delivering a high speed, high quality service with new services, faster and more frequent journeys, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. More than £140m is to be invested in delivering improved service and a more personalised travel experience for customers.
Visit the Virgin Trains East Coast Media Centre at: http://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/media-centre for the latest news and images.
• Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, mainland Europe, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 38,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
• Stagecoach is one of the UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,300 buses and coaches. Around 2.8 million passenger journeys are made on Stagecoach's buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group’s business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK and continental Europe.
• Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It is also the majority shareholder (90%) in the new Virgin Trains East Coast franchise and has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast rail franchise.
• Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
• In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,400 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, airport express services, contracted, charter and sightseeing services.