With stars such as Emma Stone, Jamie Dornan, Kendall Jenner and Zayn Malik all snapped in their glasses, celebrities are taking their eyewear seriously. Yet with 43% of Brits saying they find buying the right pair too expensive, the Exclusive Brands team at Vision Express has come to the rescue, providing tips on how to achieve starry eyed looks for less with celeb stylist Gemma Sheppard.
The Vision Express research with 2,000 respondents also showed more than a third of us find choosing glasses stressful, it is little wonder that many are looking to celebs for style inspiration when it comes to buying new glasses.
Vision Express launched its Exclusive Brands in-house collection in a bid to help Britons take eye health and style seriously with a high quality, value for money alternative to designer glasses, with frame prices starting at £39.
Says Gemma ‘Glasses are big news this year and celebrities are clearly seeing them as a way of changing their looks when they are on and off duty and enhancing their features – so I’ve provided some tips which cover general style trends and celeb looks which make being fashion forward affordable’.
Trends for 2017
- Dark tones are the leading trend for 2017 with a huge salute to tortoiseshell, a subtle twist on classic dark frames. Tonal colours look good on most people and tortoiseshell textures reflect the light and can be a great alternative to block colours – check out Meghan Markle in Suits or Emma Stone’s latest pair
- For a bolder look in the cold months, red frames are a key favourite – I really like rocking this look when I’m back in the UK and seeing my celebrity clients – remember that glasses are wonderful accessories for styling up a seasonal look
- One of my all-time favourite returns is the metal wire frame; these are being worn by the likes of Kendall Jenner and Zayn Malik opting for large metal framed glasses. It is really important to match your skin tone to your glasses here – golds, bronzes look great on warm skin tones while cooler skin tones should look for steely colours like blue, jade, silver and amethyst
- And silver foxes and grey haired girls should snap up rich colours like pewter and metal – take Helen Mirren as inspiration
- As we enter spring the colour lifts and so does the frame and the fashion must have becomes the neutral and intact clear frames making them the perfect summer style! Check out actress Emily Ratajkoswki in hers
One Poll Survey April 2016
About Vision Express
Vision Express is the third largest optical retailer in the UK and part of GrandVision, the global leader in optical retail, operating across 44 countries and spanning 6,100 stores and online. GrandVision is committed to delivering superior, high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world.
With almost 390 stores nationwide, Vision Express first opened its doors in Newcastle in 1988. Since then it has gone from strength to strength, driven by a commitment to unparalleled customer service and providing the best personalised optical care, style and quality. Customers can select from a wide range of frames and lenses for glasses, contact lenses and sunglasses, allowing everybody to reflect their individual personalities and lifestyles.
With prices starting from £39, the Exclusive Brands in-house collection of eyewear makes the choice at Vision Express both unique and affordable. For frames and sunglasses the styles range from iconic, retro designs to the latest in ultra-modern chic. High-quality brands to suit every style and every budget.
With over 4,000 employees, Vision Express makes a difference to the communities it operates within, and as part of its commitment to Vision. Taken Seriously, and as a responsible and caring retailer, it is proud to partner with a range of healthcare charities, which have touched the lives of customers and teams. These companies provide vital support to people affected by vision-related conditions. They are part of the Vision Express Charitable Partnerships and include: