The card will give people
the chance to earn a point for each journey they make with the taxi firm.
Customers can also nominate a special date which is worth 10 points and
everyone gets 20 points on their birthday.
Once 20 points have been collected £1 will be credited to the card, 50 journeys will equate to £3 credit and after 90 journeys the card will have £5 credit.
The scheme is also expected to boost shopping in the local area as Phoenix has also teamed up with dozens of local businesses to bring exclusive discounts on food, beauty treatments, cafés, carpet cleaning, and much more.
Managing director, Alex Hurst, said: “The loyalty card is an exciting new venture for Phoenix Taxis and will hopefully be welcomed by all our customers. It’s our way of saying thank you and also supporting businesses in the area.”
The businesses involved are located throughout south east Northumberland and Newcastle city centre. Customers simply show the card to claim their discounted offers.
To claim the points customers ‘swipe’ the loyalty card through the driver’s taxi meter. A message will appear on the drivers meter screen when the card is swiped with the current card balance and also any money earned that is available to spend.
Customers can also get 20 per cent if they pay in advance through the secure phoenix website and enter their Loyalty Card number.
Additionally, all loyalty card holders can call the taxi firm in the event of an emergency and a lift home will be guaranteed.
To order a loyalty card go to www.phoenixtaxis.net/loyalty-card.html
Notes for editors
The Businesses involved with the loyalty card are:
· JX Tanning Studio Ltd and the Woolroom in Morpeth.
· Checkers takeaway, Planet Wool, Tudor Restaurant, Deans Flowers, Pizza Hot, Tan Xpress,Nappas Barbers, Jim's Flooring, Best Pizza, Goodfillas Sandwich Shop, The Golden Eagle, Market Place Meats, Tickled Pink, Hank Marvins Sandwich Bar, Dapa Designs, and Beauty Works in Blyth.
· Market Cafe, Swinneys Coffee Shop, HahaDuende Herbs, and Bronze 2 Beauty in Bedlington.
· Speedy Stitch and Delaval Butcher in Seaton Deleval.
· The Pantry and Cramlington Launderette in Cramlington.
· Nail Station, Northern Carpet and Dolphino's Takeaway Pizzeria in Ashington.
· Brown and Illingworth, Lime Design and Zero Dry Time in Newcastle.
Visit http://www.phoenixtaxis.net/loyalty-card-partnerships.html for full details.
About Phoenix Taxis
Phoenix Taxis and Mini Coaches was established in 1990. Based in Blyth, Northumberland, it has the largest fleet of taxis and coaches in Northumberland.
A family run business dedicated to the community, Phoenix has expanded from their traditional customer Blyth base to provide taxi and coach services across Northumberland, Tyneside and Newcastle. With over 160 vehicles on the road including four-seat taxis and nine 53-seat coaches, the Phoenix fleet is the most diverse fleet in the region.
Phoenix is proud to have one of the "greenest" taxi fleets in the United Kingdom. The majority of its cars run on Liquid Petroleum Gas or are hybrid vehicles, rather than diesel. They acquired the North East’s first electric taxi in 2012.
Visit the website at http://www.phoenixtaxis.net