Business units outside of accreditation play an integral role in both choosing and implementing an accreditation management system. Specifically, IT and finance have vital roles throughout the analysis method. It’s imperative to achieve buy-in from every business unit to make sure an eminent accreditation system implementation.
Typically, the IT department at your organization is answerable for overall implementation of the ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation software package that you simply opt for. It’s typically involved with however the accreditation system fits into the technology infrastructure already in situ.
They conjointly ought to make sure that the accreditation resolution will simply be maintained and administered with less would like for specialized skills. Thus, integration of an accreditation management system together with your existing infrastructure ought to be an essential consider your decision making deciding higher cognitive process.
Finance, as you'll imagine, is primarily involved with value. However, this doesn't mean that you simply must always choose the bottom value possibility. In fact, what several CFOs area unit most involved regarding is ROI (Return on Investment), a term you're doubtless accustomed. You ought to be able to clearly outline your challenges so as to assist calculate a ROI.
One of the most common issues we have observed revolves around the use of paper-based processes for ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation. This typically hampers the potency of employees that could be a quantitative live (in hours of productivity) that a corporate executive will track. You’ll begin to cost-justify the supposed investment by knowing where an electronic accreditation system improves potency. Alternative quantitative measures will embrace client satisfaction and, for a few organizations, growth of your accreditation program!
Recently, I visited variety of organizations within the lovely town of Ottawa, Canada. One in these organizations had illustration from nearly every business unit at the meeting. It actually strengthened the concept that each a part of the business includes a stake within the success of implementing an accreditation management solution.
Advantages of Laboratory Accreditation
- In addition, accreditation will signify that you comply with an internationally recognized standard, therefore easing the world exchange of valuable info.
- Accreditation is an objective thanks to assure your customers that you simply have incontestable technical competency to produce reliable and correct results.
- Accreditation is objective as a result of accreditation; third party accreditation body performs annual assessments to verify whether or not your system is meeting all of the necessities of a global normal. This freelance analysis is very important to the client, as a result of its Associate in accreditation guarantee that your laboratory/organization is functioning at its highest level.
- Accreditation can set your laboratory/organization excluding your competitors. International Standards area unit a perfect management system model for laboratories/organizations as a result of it aims to regulate quality prices, improve menstruation accuracy and guarantee consistency of results.
- Accreditation is customer-driven particularly once enforced properly. The weather of International Standards work meticulously along to make sure that needed quality levels area unit met which customers’ wants area unit glad. This may be a strong strategic tool.
- Any company/ laboratory achieving accreditation to International Standards, is bestowed with a certificate of accreditation. This certificate will be utilized in advertising, promotional literature and stationary to point out current and potential customers that your laboratory/organization is committed to quality and has incontestable technical ability to perform services.
- In read of the on top of, accreditation to International Standards will be a valuable tool. By turning into authorized, you'll foresee to accreditation management system, improved services, fewer client complaints and a powerful competitive edge.
A good thing about accreditation is that your laboratory or organization can gain international recognition for its commitment to quality, ability and reliable results.
About ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Standard for Accreditation System
ISO/IEC 17025 Standard (published by the International Organization for Standardization) that specifies the general requirements for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations. There are 15 management requirements and 10 technical requirements. These ISO/IEC 17025 requirements outline what a laboratory must do to become accredited.