Teeth are an integral part of our body which contributes to the facial appearance and helps in improving personal confidence along with the quality of living.
With the advancement in technology, the field of dentistry has evolved massively. Today for the replacement of missing teeth, dental implants are primarily considered a close substitute for your natural teeth.
Dentures are corrective appliances which act as a replacement for the lost teeth. Dentures are basically of two types: Complete and Partial. Complete dentures replace all the natural teeth whereas partial dentures replace some of the teeth either of the upper or lower jaw.
One among the challenges for denture wearers is to keep their dentures in place, along with that if teeth are missing, bone loss occurs naturally. Bone loss is not just a one-time problem but an ongoing process, also causing the shape of the bones and gums to change.
While dentures surely help the people suffering from dental plaque and other problems, but along with it, they have some disadvantages due to which denture wearers are turning to dental implants. There are also options available for cheap dental implants in Austin, TX.
Some of the drawbacks of denture wearers in comparison to denture implants include:
- Denture relines and denture pastes are only short-term solutions, whereas denture implants provide long-term relief.
- Denture causes bone deterioration, and implants prevent it.
- Dentures do not provide permanent stability due to the unstable nature of the gums.
- Dentures are designed to be placed on the top of the gum, while dental implants provide permanent support.
Along with the option of getting dental implants in Austin, TX, there is also another treatment of getting crowns in case of lost or damaged teeth.
In a scenario of dental implants vs crowns, the process in case of crowns, the teeth are filed and crown is placed over them, due to which they look like natural teeth, making them a better option than wearing dentures. But, along with it, crowns need to be replaced over the years.
As such, the best option among all these is to visit an Austin Dental Implant Center near you as it is advantageous as suggested in the below-mentioned points:
- It is a long-term solution.
- Improved appearance as dental implants look and feel like your own teeth and they are designed to fuse with the bone to become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within your mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort as they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- These are permanent and can be cleaned like natural teeth.
- Their average lifespan is around 25 years.
- More durable than crowns.
While a dental implant is the best option, it may not be as affordable for many. An average cost of a dental implant in Austin, TX is around $1100-$1300. On the other hand, the average cost for a crown is around $2100-$2800, which is more expensive than dental implants. As such, Dental Implants are cost-effective in providing a one time and permanent solution for all the dental problems. Whether you choose dental implants or crown, consult the best dentists in Westlake.