Over the years, the antibody production market has witnessed various technological advancements in order to produce antibodies that meet the needs of biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies, diagnostic laboratories, and research institutes. These advancements have led to the development of hybridoma-free technologies such as recombinant technology and antibody phage-display technology. Due to the advantages of this technology, such as ease of use and versatility, the hybridoma-free technology is set to replace technologies that use hybridomas and animals in due course.
In 2014, the consumables segment accounted for the largest share of the global antibody production market, by product; the monoclonal antibody segment accounted for the largest share of the antibody production market, by type; the hybridoma technology segment accounted for the largest share of antibody production market, by technology; while the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies segment accounted for the largest share of the antibody production market, by end user.
In 2014, North America accounted for the largest share of the global antibody production market, followed by Europe, Asia, and the Rest of the World (RoW). In the coming years, the antibody production market is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the Asian region, with emphasis on India, China, and Japan. These countries are expected to increase revenues of antibody producers and the manufacturers of equipment and consumables involved in antibody production.
The global antibody production market witnesses high competitive intensity as there are several big and many small firms with similar product offerings.
The global antibody production market witnesses high competitive intensity as there are several big and many small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (agreements, partnerships, joint ventures, collaborations, geographical expansions, and acquisitions) to increase their market shares and to establish a strong foothold in the global market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn helps the firms to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the antibody production market. The report analyzes the antibody production market, by product, type, technology, and end user
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the antibody production market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various antibody production technologies across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the antibody production market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the antibody production market
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.