Over the years, the medical devices manufacturers are looking for antimicrobial coatings which are biocompatible, non-toxic, and biostable for a wide range of medical devices. The demand for these antimicrobial coatings has increased significantly, owing to the increasing risk of hospital-associated infections (HAI's).
Based on the type of material, the global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market is segmented into metallic coatings and non-metallic coatings. The metallic coatings segment is expected to be the largest segment in 2015. However, the non-metallic segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in 2015. The metallic segment is further sub-segmented into silver coatings, copper coatings and other metallic coatings which include zinc and titanium. The silver coatings segment is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing segment in 2015. The non-metallic segment is further sub-segmented into polymeric coatings and organic coatings. The polymeric coatings segment is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing segment in 2015.
Based on the devices type, the global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market is segmented into catheters, implantable devices, surgical instruments, and other devices (Mandrels & Molds, Guidewires, Epidural Needles, and Elastomeric Seals). The catheters segment is expected to be the largest segment in 2015.
The catheters segment is expected to be the largest segment in 2015. However, implantable device segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in 2015.
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market for medical devices, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the world (RoW) in 2015. In the coming years, the antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the Asian region, with emphasis on India, China, and Japan. These countries are expected to increase revenues for the manufacturers of antimicrobial coatings.
The global antimicrobial coatings companies adopt various strategies (agreements, partnerships, mergers, collaborations, acquisitions, new product launches, geographical expansions, acquisitions, certifications, and grants, among others) to increase their market shares and establish a strong foothold in the global antimicrobial coatings market for medical devices.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn helps companies, garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by top players in the antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market. The report analyzes the antimicrobial coatings market by type of material and devices type
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various antimicrobial coating technologies across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.