Melanoma is the deadliest and most aggressive form of skin cancer. The major treatments for melanoma are categorized into immunotherapies and BRAF mutation-targeted therapies. GlobalData estimates the 2013 sales for melanoma at approximately $1.34 billion across the 8MM covered in this report. The market will increase by four-fold over the forecast period, reaching $5.64 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 15.5%. This growth will be driven by an increase in melanoma incident cases as well as the approval and uptake of premium-priced products, such as PD-1-targeting mAbs and BRAF/MEK inhibitor combinations. GlobalData expects, by the end of the forecast period, the checkpoint immunotherapy drug class to dominate the melanoma market (including both BRAF wild-type and mutation-positive patient segments) with an overall 67% share of the melanoma market.
GlobalData expects growth of this market to be driven by increasing disease incident cases as the population ages, the launch of expensive new therapies including anti-PD-1 immunotherapies and BMS Yervoy/Opdivo combination, and the label expansion of metastatic drugs into the adjuvant setting. However, market growth in Australia is expected to be restricted by the PBSs reimbursement watchdog, PBAC. At present, Zelboraf and Mekinist have not been given approval from PBAC in Australia, although patients can access Mekinist through a patient access program. In addition, since the reimbursement approval of Tafinlar, Yervoy is only reimbursed when given after BRAF/MEK inhibitor treatment.
- Overview of Melanoma including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Australia including product Melanomacription, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Australia from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting Australia Melanoma market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Melanoma.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in Australia.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 10
2 Introduction 12
2.1 Catalyst 12
2.2 Related Reports 13
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 13
3 Disease Overview 14
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 14
3.1.1 Etiology 14
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 14
3.1.3 Melanoma Biomarkers 15
3.2 Clinical Staging 16
3.3 Symptoms 18
3.4 Prognosis 18
3.5 Quality of Life 20
4 Disease Management 21
4.1 Diagnosis Overview 21
4.2 Treatment Overview 22
4.2.1 Localized Melanoma: Stage 0 to Stage IIC 24
4.2.2 Regional Melanoma: Stage IIIA to Stage IIIC 25
4.2.3 Unresectable and Metastatic Melanoma: Stage III and Stage IV 28
4.3 Australia 35
4.3.1 Screening and Diagnosis 36
4.3.2 Clinical Practices 37
5 Competitive Assessment 40
5.1 Overview 40
5.2 Interferon-based Adjuvant Therapies 42
5.2.1 Roferon-A (Interferon Alfa-2a) 42
5.2.2 Intron A (Interferon Alfa-2b) 46
5.2.3 Sylatron (Peginterferon Alfa-2b) 51
5.3 Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors 57
5.3.1 Yervoy (Ipilimumab) 57
5.3.2 Opdivo (Nivolumab) 67
5.3.3 Keytruda (Pembrolizumab) 76
5.4 BRAF Mutation-targeted Therapies 84
5.4.1 Zelboraf (Vemurafenib) 84
5.4.2 Tafinlar (Dabrafenib) 91
5.4.3 Mekinist (Trametinib) 97
5.5 Other Therapeutic Classes 108
6 Unmet Need and Opportunity Analysis 110
6.1 Overview 110
6.2 Therapeutic Options for BRAF Wild-Type Patients 112
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.