"Rise in demand for organic food products to drive the biopesticides market"
The global biopesticides market was valued at USD 2.39 billion in 2014 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 18.8% from 2015 to 2020. Increasing demand for pesticide residue-free crop produce is one of the key drivers of the biopesticides market. Growing organic food market and easier registration as compared to chemical pesticides, are other important driving factors for the growing biopesticides market.
"Microbial pesticides to dominate the biopesticides market"
Microbial pesticides are the most widely used and are cheaper than the other methods of pest bioregulation. Insects can be infected with many species of bacteria but those belonging to the Bacillus (genus) are most widely used as pesticides. The demand for bio-pesticides is rising steadily in all parts of the world. When used in Integrated Pest Management systems, the efficacy of biopesticides can be equal to or better than conventional products, especially for crops such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, and flowers. Biopesticides do not have a residue problem which is a matter of significant concern for consumers, particularly for fruits and vegetables.
"European biopesticides market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period"
North America accounted for the largest share of the global biopesticides market in 2014, whereas Europe is expected to show the highest growth rate during the forecast period. However, in the forthcoming years, developing regions such as Asia-Pacific and South America are also expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants among other experts to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information as well as assess future market prospects. Distribution of primary interviews is as follows
By Company Type: Tier 1- 35%, Tier 2-45%, and Tier 3-20%
By Designation: C-Level-35%, Director Level-25%, and Others*-40%
By Region: North America-45%, Europe-30%, Asia-Pacific-20%, and RoW-5%
Note: *Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers
The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2013: Tier 1 = >USD 500 Million, Tier 2 = USD 250 billion to USD 500 billion and Tier 3 = < USD 250 Million
The global biopesticides market is marked with intense competition due to the presence of a large number of both big and small firms. New product launches, agreements, and collaborations are the key strategies adopted by market players to ensure their growth in the market.
The key players profiled in this report are as follows:
1. Bayer CropScience Ag (Germany)
2. BASF SE (Germany)
3. The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
4. Monsanto Company (U.S.)
5. Isagro S.p.A (Italy)
6. Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. (U.S.)
7. W. Neudorff GmbH KG (Germany)
8. Valent Biosciences Corporation (U.S.)
9. Certis USA LLC (U.S.)
10. Koppert Biological Systems (The Netherlands)
11. Camson Bio Technologies Limited (India)
12. Bioworks Inc. (U.S.)
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the biopesticides market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, agreements, collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions.
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.