Breast cancer, a malignant neoplasm, is the second-most common cancer and the most common cancer in women worldwide, accounting for 16% of all female cancers, making the disease exceedingly prevalent. In the past, breast cancer occurred less in women in Asia than women in Western countries. However, recent studies show that breast cancer is being diagnosed more frequently in women living in Asia, especially among younger women.
There have been wide-reaching changes in the breast cancer market over the past four decades, particularly in relation to the usage of targeted therapies, which has increased significantly. The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including hormonal therapies, chemotherapies, combination therapies and targeted therapies. The market is set to be driven by a number of new approvals for drugs and an increased uptake of premium targeted therapies. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can improve overall survival rate, time to disease progression, and overall response.
The current breast cancer market contains novel products, including Perjeta, a targeted therapy; Kadcyla, a human antibody-drug conjugate; and Halaven, a novel chemotherapeutic agent.
- What are the competitive advantages of the existing novel drugs?
- Are these targeted therapies used to the same magnitude in all the countries assessed?
- What are the factors contributing to the uptake of these drugs in each country?
With over 700 active pipeline molecules, most of the investigational drug candidates are being evaluated for the first-line or second-line treatment of advanced-stage breast cancer, featuring new combination therapies, targeted therapies, and promising immunotherapies, as well as chemotherapy drug candidates.
- Which classes of novel drugs are most prominent within the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the breast cancer market?
- Which Asia-Pacific countries should expect a late launch and a lower uptake of the late-stage pipeline drugs?
Analysis of clinical trials since 2006 identified that the failure rates of breast cancer molecules were highest in Phase II (41%), with the overall attrition rate for breast cancer in development being 61%.
- How do failure rates vary by product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
- How do other factors, such as average trial duration and trial size, influence the costs and risks associated with product development?
Over the 2014-2021 period, the value of the Asia-Pacific markets for breast cancer therapeutics is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 8.5%, from $1.9 billion to over $3.4 billion.
- Which markets make the most significant contribution to the current market size?
- What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
- Will new market entrants lead to substantial changes in annual therapy costs?
- How will different treatment usage patterns impact growth in the Asia-Pacific markets?
- What are the various trends observed in the market over the forecast period in each of the countries?
Rising breast cancer prevalence and increasing use of premium targeted therapies along with new product approvals will lead to significant market growth over the forecast period, despite generic sales erosion resulting from patent expirations.
- Will patent expirations or emerging pipeline molecules threaten the commercial success of existing drugs?
Various drivers and barriers would influence the market over the forecast period.
- What are the barriers that limit the uptake of premium-priced therapeutics in the accessed countries?
- Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
Reasons to buy
This report will enable you to -
- Understand the clinical context of breast cancer by considering symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment options
- Identify the therapeutic strategies, products, and companies that dominate the current marketed products landscape and recognize gaps and areas of unmet need
- Identify key pipeline trends in molecule type, administration route, mechanism of action, and novelty
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in breast cancer clinical trial size, duration, and failure rate by stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action
- Recognize the late-stage pipeline molecules that have demonstrated strong therapeutic potential in breast cancer by examining clinical trial data and multi-scenario product forecast projections
- Compare treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan
- Discover trends in licensing and co-development deals concerning breast cancer products and identify the major strategic consolidations that have shaped the commercial landscape
Connect with us :
About JSB Market Research -
JSB Market Research is one of the most significant databases of online market researches and intelligence reports and services. We specialize in providing market research reports for various industries. The online portal for marketing research deals with access to global market data and assists in providing expert insights and exposure on global companies, industries, products and trends.