Cancer vaccines are being developed as a method of preventing certain types of cancer, and as therapeutic treatments to treat existing cancers across a range of indications in oncology, either as stand-alone therapies or in combination with traditional cancer therapeutics such as chemotherapy and surgery. The high mortality rate associated with cancer and its resistance to conventional treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy has led to the investigation of a variety of anti-cancer immunotherapies, which have a lower toxicity associated with their use than traditional chemotherapies. Therapeutic vaccine administration will increase the overall survival of poor-performance-status patients, and enable more rounds of treatment to be given – factors that will contribute to growing global revenues for this class of therapy. However, cancer vaccines are not perceived as having strong commercial potential, as immune checkpoint inhibitors are expected to dominate the treatment landscape for leukemia and lymphoma during the forecast period.
A number of common etiologic factors have been strongly characterized as raising the risk of developing cancer, including age, chronic inflammation, gender, obesity, tobacco usage and heritable cancer syndromes. The risk of cancer increases greatly in patients over the age of 65. Populations in developed countries are projected to become increasingly aged and show rising obesity incidence, which will drive cancer prevalence and revenue growth for its treatments.
Prophylactic vaccines are currently used to immunize against viruses, which have been shown to increase the risk of cancer, with viral factors being the underlying cause of approximately 15% of cancers worldwide. Prophylactic vaccines such as Gardasil are currently the most commercially successful and well-established class of cancer vaccines. However, there has been a shift towards the clinical testing of therapeutic vaccines – which constitute the majority of the pipeline – such as Imlygic, which was recently approved for melanoma.
View Report At http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/879381
- Global revenues for the cancer vaccines market are forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.93%, from $2.5 billion in 2015 to $7.5 billion in 2022. Which drugs will achieve blockbuster status and how will the key player companies perform during the forecast period?
- The cancer vaccine pipeline is large and fairly diverse, and contains 1,286 products. How does the composition of the pipeline compare with that of the existing market? What are the most popular molecule types and molecular targets in the pipeline?
- What mechanisms of action and molecule types are most common for pipeline vaccines being trialed in the various key indications?
- How will the market shares and CAGRs of the top 20 pharma companies compare within cancer vaccines?
- What proportion of the key players’ revenues will be attributable to cancer vaccines?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis
- Visualize the composition of the cancer vaccines market across each indication, in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, highlighting the key commercial assets and players
- Analyze the cancer vaccine pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target, with a granular breakdown across key indications
- Understand the growth in patient epidemiology and market revenues for the cancer vaccine market globally and across the key players and product types
- Stratify the market in terms of the split between therapeutic and prophylactic vaccines, and assess the role of these product types in the treatment of the various cancers
- Identify commercial opportunities in the cancer vaccine deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Therapy Area Introduction 10
2.2 Symptoms 11
2.3 Etiology and Pathophysiology 12
2.3.1 Etiology 12
2.3.2 Cancer Pathophysiology 14
2.3.3 Virus Pathophysiology 15
2.4 Epidemiology Patterns - Prevalence, Patient Segmentation, and Diagnostic and Treatment Usage Rates 16
2.4.1 Cervical Cancer 17
2.4.2 Liver Cancer 17
2.4.3 Melanoma 18
2.4.4 Prostate Cancer 19
2.5 Co-morbidities and Complications 20
2.6 Treatment 21
2.6.1 Surgery and Radiation Therapy 21
2.6.2 Chemotherapy 23
2.6.3 Hormonal Therapies 25
2.6.4 Targeted Therapies 26
2.6.5 Types of Cancer Vaccines 27
3 Key Marketed Products 31
3.1 Overview 31
3.2 Gardasil/Gardasil 9 31
3.3 Provenge 33
3.4 Cervarix 35
3.5 Imlygic 36
3.6 DCVax-L 38
3.7 Recombivax HB 39
3.8 Conclusion 40
4 Pipeline Landscape Assessment 41
4.1 Overview 41
4.2 Pipeline Development Landscape 41
4.2.1 Therapeutic Vaccine Molecule Type and Development Stage 41
4.2.2 Prophylactic Vaccine Molecule Type and Development Stage 42
4.2.3 Key Oncology Indications by Molecule Type and Development Stage 43
4.3 Pipeline by Molecular Targets and Indication 45
4.3.1 Therapeutic Vaccine Molecular Targets 45
4.4 Clinical Trials 48
4.4.1 Failure Rate by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 48
4.4.2 Clinical Trial Duration by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 52
4.4.3 Clinical Trial Size by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 56
4.4.4 Aggregate Clinical Program Size by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 59
4.4.5 Conclusion 63
4.5 Assessment of Key Pipeline Products 64
4.5.1 Tisagenlecleucel-T (CTL-019) - Novartis 64
4.5.2 KTE-C19 - Kite Pharma 65
4.5.3 JCAR017 - Juno Therapeutics 66
4.5.4 JCAR015 - Juno Therapeutics 67
4.5.5 bb-2121 - Bluebird Bio 68
4.5.6 Prostvac - Bavarian Nordic 69
4.5.7 Cellular Immunotherapy to Target HPV-16 E6 Protein for Cancer - Kite Pharma 70
4.5.8 Conclusion 72
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.