China’s rail transit industry has boomed during the 12th Five-Year Plan period (2011-2015) with railway fixed-asset investment amounting to RMB3.58 trillion, a 47.3% surge over the 11th Five-Year Plan period. The country’s railway mileage expanded from 91,200km in 2010 to 121,000km (including 19,000km high-speed railway) in 2015. Meanwhile, urban rail transit construction has been in full swing, with 111 urban rail transit lines (a total length of 3,286km) in 25 Chinese cities built and put into service by the end of 2015. All these have fueled the rapid development of rail transit vehicle industry.
In 2015, operational urban rail transit vehicles totaled 19,941 units and 48,165 standardized units, a 15.3% gain for each; high-speed EMUs (electric multiple units) were 21,000 units (cars) with EMU ownership density standing at 1.1 car/km or so, a marked growth compared with 0.75 in 2013. A rise in operational rail transit vehicles, accordingly, stimulates the purchase of rail transit vehicle air-conditioners. RMB5.389 billion was spent on buying rail transit vehicle air-conditioners in 2015, representing an increase of 5.6% from RMB5.105 billion in 2014.
According to the Medium- and Long-term Railway Network Plan issued by the State Council, China will invest no less than RMB2.8 trillion to build over 23,000km new railways during 2016-2020, upsizing railway network to 150,000km (30,000km high-speed railway) and covering more than 80% of large cities by 2020. Moreover, major cities scales up their investment in urban rail transit, adding an estimated traffic mileage of 900km annually during 2016-2020, twice the new ones in 2015, thus contributing an upsurge in rail transit vehicles delivered to newly-opened lines. As existing lines find an increasing frequency of departures, urban rail transit vehicle industry chain is bound to enjoy a period of explosive growth over the next couple of years.
Complete Report Spread across 110 pages and 106 Charts Now Available. More Details about this Report available at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/inquire-before-buying?rname=730452
Railway and urban rail transit air-conditioners are highly demanding on production qualification. Manufacturers must obtain product testing certificate and operation report before they enter the Chinese urban rail transit market. Shanghai Faiveley, Shijiazhuang King Transportation Equipment, and Guangzhou Zhongche Railway Vehicles Equipment Joint-Stock Co., Ltd. are the three locomotive and vehicle air-conditioner manufacturers designated by China Railway Corporation and also major manufacturers of rail transit air-conditioners in China.
Shijiazhuang King Transportation Equipment Co., Ltd. produces about 12,000 sets of rail transit air conditioning units annually. The company has set its foot in high-speed rail, railway coach, locomotive and urban rail transit. EU651 and EU691 have been used in 200/300/350km/h CRH2 EMU.
Guangzhou Zhongche Railway Vehicles Equipment Joint-Stock Co., Ltd. boasts annual capacity of around 8,000 sets. The company was acquired by Beijing Dinghan Technology in 2015 with the latter’s Jiangmen-based 4,000 set/a project expected to go into production in 2016.
Shanghai Faiveley is primarily engaged in the production of urban rail and railway coach air-conditioning units with annual capacity of about 6,500 sets.
The report focuses on the following aspects:
- Overview of rail transit vehicle air-conditioner industry in China (definition & classification, industry policies, development trends, etc.);
- Rail transit industry in China (railway, high-speed rail, urban rail transit, etc.)
- Rail transit vehicle industry in China (locomotive, EMU, urban rail transit vehicle, etc.);
- Rail transit vehicle air-conditioner industry in China (sales, demand, competitive landscape, and market forecasts, etc. in locomotive, railway coach, EMU, and urban rail transit vehicle industries);
- 9 rail transit vehicle air-conditioner enterprises including Shijiazhuang King Transportation Equipment, Guangzhou Zhongche Railway Vehicles Equipment, New United Group, Shanghai Faiveley, Merak Jinxin Air Conditioning Systems (Wuxi), Songz Automobile Air Conditioning, Longertek Technology, Shanghai Cool-Air Transport Refrigeration Equipment, and Zhejiang Liebherr Zhongche Transportation Systems (profile, financial standing, products, R&D, latest developments, etc.)
Major Points from Table of Contents
1. Status Quo of China’s Rail Transit Air-Conditioning Industry
2. Development of China’s Rail Transit Industry
3. Development of China’s Rail Transit Vehicle Industry
4. Situation of Rail Transit Vehicle Air-conditioning Market in China
5. Major Chinese Rail Transit Air-Conditioner Manufacturers
RnRMarketResearch.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 100,000+ market research reports from over 95 leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.
We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Contact us for your special interest needs and we will get in touch within 24hrs to help you find the market research report you need.
+ 1 888 391 5441