Laos, or more correctly the Lao People's Democratic Republic, has a population of around 6.7 million, and despite having the lowest GDP per capita of all the ASEAN countries, the economy has performed better than its regional neighbors in recent years. Despite the existence of a sizeable non-duty paid sector, duty paid volumes show some growth at around 3.3 billion pieces in 2014. Per capita consumption averaged 488 pieces in 2014.
- Laos Tobacco Ltd is the dominant manufacturer in the country and Red A or Adaeng is the most important brand in the market.
- Filter cigarettes account for between 60 and 70% of sales with Virginian blends by far the most popular.
- Cigarette production is increasing to cater for rising domestic sales, but Laos has failed to develop a sustainable export trade with few recorded exports in recent years.
Cigarettes in Laos 2016 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Laos market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Download Sample copy of this Report at:
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
For More latest Reports Under Tobacco Products Category:
Table Of Content :
Table of Contents
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers & Brands
5 Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production & Trade
8 Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9 Company Profiles
10 Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About GlobalData
11.7. Contact Us
Related Reports : Cigarettes in Japan, 2017
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.