The Netherlands is historically one of the most important cigar markets in Europe, despite its relatively small population, with sales reaching 386 million pieces in 2015. The country has a large smoking population and is a major manufacturer and exporter of cigars and cigarillos. However, the cigar market has been declining in recent years as domestic consumers are increasingly concerned about the negative health implications of tobacco products, which has lowered per capita consumption from a high of 20.23 in 2007 to 19.18 in 2016. Regardless, the cigar market is still buoyant and is expected to maintain a sizeable portion of the entire tobacco market in the Netherlands in the medium and long term.
- As of 2016, the per capita consumption of cigars and cigarillos was 19.18 pieces a year.
- The cigar market accounted for 4.5% of the entire tobacco market in 2015, compared to 3.6% in 2005.
- 34.7% of Dutch adults were smokers as of 2014, which is very high by West European standards.
- Cigar and cigarillo consumption is forecast to remain relatively stable in the long term, with projected volumes to be 397.4 million pieces in 2025.
Get Sample Copy Of This Report @
Cigars and Cigarillos in the Netherlands is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Dutch cigar market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Market size and structure
Production and trade
Taxation and retail prices
Manufacturers and brands
The smoking population
Prospects and forecasts
Related Reports : Cigarettes in Indonesia
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.