FREIBURG, Germany - October 5, 2010 - Paragon Software Group, a leading software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, and Collins Language, the leading language learning and dictionary publisher, announce a licensing partnership to bring Collins reference materials to all types of mobile computing platforms. Leveraging the publisher's long history and expertise in dictionary production with Paragon's 15-year experience in producing leading software for mobile devices, the companies will initially release three bilingual Russian-English multifunctional 'talking' dictionaries for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. The applications will be demoed at Frankfurt Book Fair, at Paragon's Stand D-935, Hall 6.0 Mobile Hot Spot.
Developed with high-quality lexical databases from the world's leading publishers, Paragon Software Group dictionaries contain the widest range of meanings, phrases and idioms available for every social, professional or academic situation. The applications are powered by Paragon's proprietary SlovoEd compression engine, which compacts lengthy dictionary content and requires minimal device memory storage space, enabling an entire host of learning tools and features to be available anytime, anywhere. Paragon dictionaries contain the most current vocabulary with built-in live voice pronunciations by native speakers to improve pronunciation, and provide the most detailed and reliable reference and translation sources available on the market. With the fastest translation in both directions and loaded with information on grammar and spelling variations, Paragon dictionaries combine the reliability of well-known paper-edition content from the world's leading publishers with the portability of mobile computing.
Paragon Software Group dictionary features include:
* Morphology module, which helps users look up words in any grammatical form to assist in regular and irregular verb conjugation, and uses of irregular plurals.
* Easily accessible definitions, even when word includes prefixes or suffixes
* Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
* Flash Card Quiz, which helps users learn vocabulary effectively.
* Wildcard Search to assist when user is unsure of exact word spelling. Use "?" and "*" symbols to replace the missing letters.
* Similarly spelled words listed in case of misspelling.
* Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
* Search History for the last 100 entries.
* No on-going Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your device without any additional wi-fi expense or availability issues.
The dictionaries are available in the iTunes AppStore:
A limited number of review licenses is available upon request to interested media.
About Collins Language:
Collins, publisher of the Collins English Dictionary and leading brand for bilingual dictionaries in the UK and Europe is known throughout the world for its innovative corpus research and authoritative and extensive range of dictionary and language learning products. Collins was founded by William Collins in 1819 and has been producing dictionaries for nearly 200 years. Collins became part of the HarperCollins Group in 1990. Collins products are available in print, online and for mobile download. For more information about Collins Language please go to www.collinlanguage.com.
About Paragon Software Group:
For up-to-the-minute information on Paragon Software Group happenings, including news and information for Frankfurt Book Fair 2010, find us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paragon-Software-GroupMobile-Products/188145097131), follow us on Twitter @Paragon_Mobile or sign up for our mailing list at our blog (http://blog.penreader.com/)!