EDM 760 and EDM 790 are near identical EDM’s. The major difference being that EDM 790 is equipped with a full colour TFT screen. Both Engine Data Monitors are manufactured by J.P.I - World leader in Aircraft Engine Data Management systems.
EDM 760 and EDM 790 provide the pilots with real time information on the status and health of the aircraft engine. They constantly monitor the health of the aircraft engine and any red-line events are instantly brought to the pilot’s attention via audio-visual alarms. This leaves the pilots to concentrate on the flight experience rather than constantly monitoring gauges.
|Purchase price||From $3,675.00 to $8,1000.00||From $7,055.00 to $8,255.00|
|Latest microprocessor technology||/||/|
|Number of critical parameters checked and, number of times checked||29, 4 times/second||29, 4 times/second|
|Thermocouple type Accuracy Accuracy certified by||Linearized 0.1 percent or 2 F° FAA and thus TSO’d (Technical Standard Order)||Linearized 0.1 percent or 2 F° FAA and thus TSO’d (Technical Standard Order)|
|Programming interface||2 buttons on faceplate||2 buttons on faceplate|
|Computer Assisted Diagnostics||/||/|
|Number of alarms||29 Alarms, including Shock Cooling, EGT||29 Alarms, including Shock Cooling, EGT Gauge|
|Variable scaling bar graphs||Differential, Fuel flow and Alternator Voltage.||Differential, Fuel flow and Alternator Voltage.|
|Lean Finder||Patented LeanFind Mode automatically identifies the first and last cylinder to peak and while patented PeakFind system has quick responding probes to automatically capture EGT or TIT peak value.||Patented LeanFind Mode automatically identifies the first and last cylinder to peak and while patented PeakFind system has quick responding probes to automatically capture EGT or TIT peak value.|
|Auto-scanning||25 hours||25 hours|
|Probes||FAA approved Fuel-flow monitoring system.||FAA approved Fuel-flow monitoring system.|
|Software||29 channels||29 channels|
|Screen||Quick response probes||Quick response probes|
|Certification||All required harnesses 20 ft||All required harnesses 20 ft|
|EZPlot-1 program for plotting and downloading data||EZPlot-1 program for plotting and downloading data|
|Warranty||Single colour (Orange) TFT Screen||Full colour TFT screen|
|TSO’d for Quality and Reliability with FAA|
|STC approved Fuel Flow.||TSO’d for Quality and Reliability with FAA, STC approved Fuel Flow.|
|3 years||3 years|
EDM 760 & 790 features at a glance:
- LeanFind (tm) software performs LOP and ROP automatically finds the first and last cylinder to peak.
- Shock cooling checked on all cylinders with an alarm on the cylinder with the highest cooling rate.
- Voltage, for alternator failure, monitored for over and under voltage with alarms.
- Pilot Programmable Hi & Lo alarm limits. All programming from front panel.
- All EDM’s TSO’d for quality with a 3 yr. Warranty on the Electronics.
- Quick response probes, fastest accurate readings, pre-made harness and hardware.
- Data Memory, reading once every 2 to 255 seconds.
- EZPlot-1 program for plotting and downloading data.
- USB download port built in with memory stick.
- Full colour TFT screen 4 inches Diagonal (EDM 790).
J.P.Instruments was founded in 1986 in Huntington Beach, California, USA. J.P. Instruments is leader in aircraft engine data management systems and has added a whole line of reliable and cost effective aircraft instrumentation to its name.