- Dell announces Dell Product & Profit Analytics; a purpose-built, efficient IT solution designed to instantly and seamlessly simulate and predict future profit and pricing strategies
- Solution combines Dell Services’ ERP implementation, integration expertise and hosting capabilities with core business intelligence to help manufacturers make efficient corporate decisions
- Companies could see improvement within the first year of solution implementation
- Dell Product & Profit Analytics solution strengthens Dell’s commitment to end-to-end, manufacturing solutions
Tweet This: Dell Delivers New Solution to Manufacturing Customers with Dell Product and Profit Analytics http://dell.to/fsrgkw #DellMfg #Mfg #BI
Dell today introduced Dell Product & Profit Analytics (DPPA), an efficient IT solution that allows manufacturing companies to predict the impact market conditions could have on their products by linking detailed material, manufacturing and selling costs from across all business systems. The solution combines Dell Services’ ERP implementation, integration expertise and hosting capabilities with core business intelligence to provide real-time simulations and predictive analytics. Dell and pVelocity, Dell’s DPPA partner, met with customers in the Detroit-area today to demonstrate the new solution.
“With this solution, manufacturers have the ability to make effective and efficient corporate decisions based on real-time, predictive data,” said Michael J. Morrison, executive director, Dell Services - Manufacturing. “Whether it’s empowering decision-makers with insight and control, providing the ability to answer critical business questions from all areas of the company or enabling companies to identify, with confidence, what contributes most to overall margin performance, Dell Product & Profit Analytics can help manufacturers save a significant amount of time and money, all in a seamless package.”
In line with Dell’s commitment to efficient IT, and as a leading provider of open, capable and affordable solutions, DPPA leverages existing enterprise systems to provide immediate insight without the need for ongoing IT intervention and support. The solution integrates seamlessly into existing infrastructures, supporting multiple data sources as if it was part of the original design. The software also has the flexibility to allow manufacturers to match their own business practices and objectives on the front end.
During challenging economic times, many manufacturers have already implemented cost-savings measures, but still need to improve performance and efficiency. DPPA helps manufacturers achieve cost savings and growth by enabling them to prepare in advance for potential business challenges, like changes in demand, cost fluctuation or lack of materials. And the impact of implementing the solution has cross-organizational benefits because it allows manufacturing decision makers to answer operational questions related to product management, supply chain, production, sales and marketing and/or corporate-level issues.
Companies all over the world have already benefited from implementing pVelocity’s software, with results including:
- Margin improvement within one year of implementation
- Allocated production resources based on margin performance
- Rationalized poorly performing product lines
- Managed price increases in advance of raw material cost increases
- Reduced EBIT leakage due to scrap/inefficient machinery/freight costs
DPPA not only enables manufacturers to perform backward-looking analysis, but also creates powerful “what-if” simulations in a safe, sandbox environment, such as being struck by a natural disaster. The ability to quantify forward-looking scenarios allows decision-makers to take smart action and decide what to stop, what to change and what to grow.
With Dell Services, DPPA can be deployed in 45-90 days and is able to handle any number of users and multiple deployment options, including cloud, SaaS and on-premise. Profit realization could begin to occur within 90 days from implementation.