Contrast media are a group of pharmaceuticals that aid in the enhanced delineation of tissues to better direct the diagnosis of disease. These drugs are separated into three major areas of diagnostic imaging: computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound (echocardiographic contrast media).
The report analyzes the contrast media market at the category (CT, MRI, and ultrasound) and subcategory (ionic, non-ionic, barium, paramagnetic and superparamagnetic) levels, highlighting trends and issues affecting the utilization, volume, and value of contrast media at a country level.
Key topics discussed include: the declining utilization of barium contrast agents due to the emergence of endoscopy and CT colonography as favorable alternatives for gastrointestinal imaging, and the effects that recent safety concerns surrounding paramagnetic contrast media may have on the MRI contrast media market.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future outlook of the contrast media in developed and emerging markets?
- What are unmet needs in the contrast media market? What are the clinical and non-clinical barriers in this space? What is hampering innovation within this market?
- What trends are affecting the global contrast media market?
- Emerging economies are seeing the highest growth in the global contrast media market.
- CT contrast media is the largest segment in terms of value an volume across the 10MM covered due to the necessity of image enhancement being required in these settings. MRI contrast is second and ultrasound contrast is last but growing at the largest CAGR over the forecast period.
- The contrast media market is well established, with a small collection of players providing a comprehensive product range which meet the majority of the needs of its consumer base.
- With the products offered between the major 4 competitors in this market being very similar, prices are very competitive and are set to become even more competitive as more generic contrasts enter the market. This competitive pricing has led to a price squeezing which some KOLs feel have hampered the development of new contrast media.
Download Sample copy of this Report at
- Competitive assessment: Currently marketed contrast media products and evolving competitive landscape
- In-depth analysis of practice patterns and adoption trends of different segments and sub-segments of contrast media
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Other key topics covered include utilization trends, market access, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the overall market
- Market share analysis of the competition in different regions
- Annualized Individual and cumulative sales units and market revenues for the CT (Ionic, Non-ionic and Barium), MRI (Paramagnetic and Superparamagnetic) and Ultrasound contrast media (Microbubbles in echocardiography) market from 2012-2022
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage
- Track device sales in the global market from 2012-2022
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 6
1.1 List of Tables 11
1.2 List of Figures 16
2 Industry Overview 21
2.1 Principles of Diagnostic X-ray Imaging 21
2.2 CT Contrast Media 23
2.3 Principles of Diagnostic Magnetic Resonance Imaging 29
2.4 MRI Contrast Media 31
2.5 Principles of Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging 35
2.6 Ultrasound Contrast Media 37
2.7 Safety Considerations 37
3. Competitive Assessment 120
3.1 Overview 120
3.2 CT Contrast Media 120
3.3 MRI Contrast Media 128
3.4 Ultrasound Contrast Media 131
3.5 Company Share Analysis 132
4 Pipeline Products 137
4.1 CT Contrast Media-Pipeline Products 137
4.2 MRI Contrast Media-Pipeline Products 139
4.3 Ultrasound Contrast Media-Pipeline Products 139
5 Mergers and Acquisitions 141
5.1 Guerbet and Mallinckrodt 141
6 Current and Future Players 143
6.1 Trends in Corporate Strategy 143
6.2 Company Profiles 144
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.