Latest industry research report on: Department Store Retailing in the UK Market | Industry Size, Share, Research, Reviews, Analysis, Strategies, Demand, Growth, Segmentation, Parameters, Forecasts
2016 was challenging for the department store market, with growth of just 1.7%, the weakest since 2009. Growth would have eluded the channel were it not for the luxury players performance being boosted by increased tourist spending due to the weak pound. Growth over the next five years will be driven by the premium segment, while health & beauty is forecast to be best performing category as retailers exploit gifting opportunities and invest in more brand and product exclusives.
- John Lewis became market leader in 2016 with a 25.3% market share, aided by M&S's ongoing struggle.
- 37.7% of UK shoppers bought from a department store in 2016.
- The online department store market accounted for 23.8% of all department store spend in 2016.
The Department Store Retailing in the UK 2016 report analysis series and provides a comprehensive insight into the department store channel in the UK. It analyses the market, the major players, the main trends, strategies for success and consumer attitudes. It also provides forecasts to 2021.
- Utilise the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy in the department store channel.
- Using our five year forecasts to 2021, understand which product categories are the fastest performing to ensure more focus and investment in these winning product areas.
- Understand major department store players' strengths and weaknesses in the market, their market shares over the past five years and who will benefit from the demise of BHS.
- Understand how to get ahead in the market by investing in delivery, social retailing and advocacy.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207