AR is becoming an increasingly prevalent condition, with the most common form being moderate to severe in nature (Baena-Cagnani et al., 2015). According to the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), 50% of Europeans will suffer from an allergy by 2027 (Papadopoulos et al., 2012). The allergic rhinitis (AR) market has declined very slowly over the past decade, as has it become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as antihistamines (AHs), intranasal corticosteroids (INCS), and leukotriene receptor antagonists (LRAs), and has also been facing increasing generic competition. Despite the rising prevalence of AR, and a large patient population that is dissatisfied with the current treatment options, the market size for symptomatic therapies alone is set to shrink, as the remaining branded products lose patent protection. There is an increasing shift in the transfer of prescription AR products to over-the-counter (OTC) status, which is driving patients to pharmacies rather than to physicians, further diluting the prescription AR market. The immense, crowded generic AR market has been largely unappealing to drug manufacturers. Consequently, only two symptomatic therapies are expected to launch before 2024.
In 2014, the base-year of the forecast period, sales of AR products in the 5EU totaled $2.53 billion. The 5EU AR market will remain stagnant, with no major events occurring over the 10-year forecast period. There are no pipeline AR products set to launch in the 5EU during this time. The patent expiries of the best-selling prescription INCS, Nasonex and Nasacort, will be the events that have the most negative impact on the 5EU AR market during the forecast period.
- Overview of Allergic Rhinitis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU from 2014-2024.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting 5EU Allergic Rhinitis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Allergic Rhinitis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2014-2024 in 5EU.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 8
2 Introduction 9
2.1 Catalyst 9
2.2 Related Reports 10
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 10
3 Disease Overview 11
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 11
3.2 Symptoms 14
3.3 Classification 15
3.3.1 Seasonal and Perennial AR 15
3.3.2 ARIA Classification of AR 15
3.4 Diagnosis 16
3.5 Quality of Life 18
4 Disease Management 19
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 19
4.1.1 Diagnosis 19
4.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 20
4.1.3 Clinical Practice 23
4.2 France 32
4.3 Germany 34
4.4 Italy 38
4.5 Spain 40
4.6 UK 42
5 Competitive Assessment 44
5.1 Overview 44
5.2 Oral H1 Antihistamines 48
5.2.1 Overview 48
5.2.2 Efficacy 57
5.2.3 Safety 58
5.2.4 SWOT Analysis 60
5.2.5 Forecast 61
5.3 Intranasal Antihistamines 61
5.4 Intranasal Corticosteroids 64
5.4.1 Overview 64
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.