The Global Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech 2010-2016 report.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how, why and on what terms companies enter discovery stage partnering deals. These deals are discovery stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors product or technology. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
This report provides details of the latest discovery agreements announced in the healthcare sector.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner's negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of all discovery stage partnering deals announced since 2010 including financial terms where available including over 3,000 links to online deal records of actual discovery partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner's flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party's ability to derive value from the deal.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of discovery stage deal making and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of why companies partner discovery stage compounds/products.
Chapter 3 provides an overview of discovery stage deals strategy and deal structure including numerous case studies. Chapter 4 provides an overview of the various payment strategies used in discovery stage deals.
Chapter 5 provides a review of discovery stage deal making since 2010. Deals activity is reviewed by year, therapeutic area, technology type, as well as most active dealmakers.
Chapter 6 provides a detailed analysis of discovery stage payment terms including headline, upfront, milestone and royalty rates.
Chapter 7 provides a review of the leading discovery stage deal by headline value. Each deal title links via Current Agreements deals and alliances database to an online version of the full deal record, and where available, the actual contract document, providing easy access to each deal record on demand.
Chapter 8 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 50 most active discovery stage dealmaker companies. Each deal title links via Current Agreements deals and alliances database to an online version of the full deal record, and where available, the actual contract document, providing easy access to each deal record on demand.
Chapter 9 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of discovery stage partnering deals signed and announced since 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain.
Chapter 10 provides a comprehensive directory of discovery stage partnering deals since 2010.
The report includes deals announced by hundreds of life science companies including big pharma such as Abbott, Abbvie, Actavis, Amgen, Astellas, AstraZeneca, Baxter, Bayer, Biogen Idec, BMS, Celgene, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Gilead, GSK, J&J, Kyowa Hakko, Merck, Mitsubishi, Mylan, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, Sanofi, Shire, Takeda, Teva, and Valeant, amongst many others.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in discovery stage partnering and deal making since 2010.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix of all discovery deals since 2010 is provided organized by partnering company A-Z, deal type, therapy focus and technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of discovery stage products and compounds.
Global Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech 2010-2016 provide the reader with the following key benefits:
In-depth understanding of discovery stage deal trends since 2010
Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
Analysis of the structure of discovery stage agreements with numerous real life case studies
Insight into the terms included in a discovery stage agreement, together with real world clause examples
Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
- Global Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech 2010-2016 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to discovery stage deal trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
- Global Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech 2010-2016 include:
- Trends in discovery stage dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Analysis of discovery stage deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life discovery stage deals
- Access to over 3,000 discovery stage deals
- The leading discovery stage deals by value since 2010
- Most active discovery stage dealmakers since 2010
- The leading discovery stage partnering 2010
In Global Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech 2010-2016, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal type
- Specific therapy target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Global Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech 2010-2016 report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 3,000 discovery stage deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
RnRMarketResearch.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 100,000+ market research reports from over 95 leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.
We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Contact us for your special interest needs and we will get in touch within 24hrs to help you find the market research report you need.
+ 1 888 391 5441