In America, the hair gain industry is a 3.5 Billion dollar industry - that's a lot of folks suffering from the indignities of full or partial baldness. Of these, perhaps 20% accept their situation but the remainder 80% attempt some form of treatment or the other. Unfortunately for them, over 90% of hair loss treatment available in the US today is less than effective (read as 'mostly useless').
Hair loss is an emotionally distressing disease especially for women. At least men can shave their heads and display it as their new avatar. A woman with a shaved head is usually suspected of having some disease or the other and this could lead to social ostracization the effects of which can be more devastating than baldness itself.
Effective Hair Loss Treatment
There are two types of real and effective hair loss treatment:
1. A hair wig
2. Hair transplantation
A hair wig is a non-surgical hair replacement treatment. It is quick and with modern day techniques, can be wonderfully effective. When it comes to surgical hair transplantation, not everyone is a suitable candidate. Therefore, a hair wig as a form of Hair Transplantation San Jose is recommended as an alternative for such people.
Overtime, due to the constant maintenance and care required, a good quality hair wig can turn out to be quite expensive. It is also very delicate, does not last for long and reaction with body acids reduces its life-span even further.
Some experts recommend Polyurethane hair wigs. While these look very realistic, they are hot and uncomfortable to wear. Folks wearing hair wigs are known to spend upwards of $100 per month on wig maintenance alone.
Surgical Hair transplants in San Diego requires several weeks before effective results are achieved. As of today, surgical hair transplantation can only be performed by harvesting DHT resistant hair from the back of the patient’s own scalp. Hair on the human head grows in different directions from the scalp and the back of the head is therefore the ideal area to select donor hair.
It is not possible (except between identical twins), to transplant hair from one human to another without the use of a life-time of anti-rejection meds.
In hair transplantation, the harvested hair is called a graft and consists of a bit of skin and tissue. Each graft contains one or more hair follicles with accompanying hair, skin and tissue. Each hair transplant procedure has to be customized to suit the individual head. The procedure to a large extent is determined by the scalp laxity which constitutes the flexibility or looseness of the scalp. More hair can be transplanted if the patient's donor area has high hair density and the scalp is loose.
Affordable Hair Transplants and Hair Restoration Surgery High Quality Hair Implants Since 1998. Located in Los Angeles, Encino, San Diego, Long Beach, Orange County, San Jose, Riverside, San Fernando Valley, San Francisco and Hair Transplant Los Angeles.