Major depressive disorder (MDD), also known as clinical depression or major depression, is widely recognized as a mood disorder that may lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. MDD is characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, anger, irritability or frustration, loss of interest in activities, and overeating or loss of appetite that can last from days to months, and alternates with episodes of wellness. Little is known about the etiology of MDD; however, research suggests that there may be combinations of genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors that potentially increase the risk of MDD.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in the 7MM will increase from 37,157,683 12-month total prevalent cases in 2015 to 38,142,749 12-month total prevalent cases in 2025, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.27%. The US will have the highest number of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD among the 7MM throughout the forecast period, while Japan will have the least number of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD. As GlobalData epidemiologists used steady prevalence proportions of MDD over the forecast period, the growth in 12-month total prevalent cases in each market can be attributed to the change in population demographics.
GlobalData epidemiologists utilized country-specific and nationally representative peer-reviewed publications to forecast the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD. The use of consistent methodology across the 7MM allows for a meaningful comparison of the forecast of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in these markets. Additionally, the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in each of the 7MM are segmented by severity, which can be of importance for predicting the prognosis and course of treatment. Lastly, the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in each of the 7MM are further segmented by age and sex in order to provide a more detailed analysis of the patient population.
- The Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of MDD in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD segmented by age (18-19 years, in five-year increments from ages 20-84 years, and ending at ages 85 years and older), sex, and severity in these seven markets.
- The MDD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The MDD EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MDD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global MDD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for MDD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of MDD 12-month total prevalent cases by age, sex, and severity.
Download Sample copy of this Report at :
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 6
2 Epidemiology 7
2.1 Disease Background 7
2.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 8
2.3 Global Trends 10
2.4 Forecast Methodology 13
2.4.1 Sources Used Tables 13
2.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 15
2.4.3 Sources Not Used 19
2.5 Epidemiological Forecast for MDD (2015-2025) 21
2.5.1 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of MDD 21
2.5.2 Age-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of MDD 23
2.5.3 Sex-Specific 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of MDD 24
2.5.4 Age-Standardized 12-Month Total Prevalence of MDD 26
2.5.5 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of MDD by Severity 27
2.6 Discussion 28
2.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 28
2.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 29
2.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 30
3 Appendix 31
3.1 Bibliography 31
3.2 Physicians and Specialists Included in this Study 35
3.3 About the Authors 38
3.3.1 Epidemiologists 38
3.3.2 Reviewers 38
3.3.3 Global Director of Therapy Analysis and Epidemiology 39
3.4 About GlobalData 40
3.5 About EpiCast 40
3.6 Disclaimer 41
Read our latest Press Release at E: firstname.lastname@example.org
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.