Japanese defense expenditure is inclusive of expenditure on the army, navy, air force, SACO, US force realignment, and other expenses. In 2016, the Japanese Government allocated US$41.7 billion to its total defense budget, compared to US$59.1 in 2012, and registered a CAGR of -8.36% during 2012–2016. Defense expenditure is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 1.74% during the forecast period, to value US$45.8 billion in 2021.
- During 2012–2016, Japanese defense expenditure registered negative growth of -8.36%, decreasing from US$59.1 billion in 2012 to US$41.7 billion in 2016
- Defense expenditure is anticipated to register a positive CAGR of 1.74% over 2017–2021and reach a value of US$45.8 billion in 2021
- Over the forecast period, the country’s budget for homeland security is expected to be US$16.4 billion cumulatively
- The key areas of investment are expected to be multi-role aircraft, missile defense systems, transport and utility helicopters, destroyers and amphibious ships
“Future of the Japanese Defense Industry – Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2021” offers detailed analysis of the industry with market size forecasts from 2017–2021. This report sheds light on factors that influence demand in the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants. In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the defense industry during 2017–2021, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities from 2016 to 2026
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: including an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons to buy:
- Identify and track the global defense market and make regional comparisons to effectively target new revenue streams
- Understand the importance of being led by the defense ministries in the military procurement market and define your strategies with insight on what your customers really want by analyzing recent orders, technical specifications, and the country’s expected investment pattern during 2017–2021
- Make correct business decisions based on detailed analysis of the defense industry from 2017–2021,which includes the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers along with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis
- Determine prospective investment areas by gaining an in-depth understanding of the industry in terms of market opportunities
- Channel resources by identifying various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues across different sectors during 2017–2021
MarketIntelReports (MIR) aim to empower our clients to successfully manage and outperform in their business decisions, we do this by providing Premium Market Intelligence, Strategic Insights and Databases from a range of Global Publishers.
A group of industry veterans who are well experienced in reputed international consulting firms after identifying the sourcing needs of MNCs for market intelligence, have together started this business savior MarketIntelReports.
MIR intends to be a one-stop shop with an intuitive design, exhaustive database, expert assistance, secure cart checkout and data privacy integrated. It curates the list of reports, publishers and studies to ensure that the database is constantly updated to dynamically meet the targeted, specific needs of our clients.
MarketIntelReports currently has more than 10,000 plus titles and 35+ publishers on our platform and growing consistently to fill the “Global Intelligence Demand – Supply Gap”. We cover more than 15 industry verticals being: Automotive, Electronics, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Chemicals, Building & Construction, Agriculture, Food & Beverages, Banking & Finance, Media and Government, Public Sector Studies.