Cardiovascular disease (CVD) covers a range of difference diseases and conditions affecting the heart and/or blood vessels. The most crucial risk factors for CVD are hypertension and dyslipidemia of which accelerate the development of atherosclerotic plaques building up within blood vessels. As atheroma develops its causes stenosis of the blood vessels which can restrict blood flow to the body, brain or heart depending on its locale. It is also possible for the fibrous cap of the plaque to break off, triggering the coagulation cascade and causing a thrombus to form locally which can completely occlude blood flow.
The treatments of CVD typically focus on prevention by controlling the risk factors of CVD. As such, the treatments usually fall within three categories: Anti-hypertensives aim to lower blood pressure; anti-dyslipidemia drugs aim to alter lipid levels to an acceptable range; and anti-thrombotic drugs aim to either prevent thrombus forming or work to mitigate the damage of a current thrombi, they do this by either interrupting the coagulation cascade or inhibiting platelet aggregation, both of which inhibit blood from clotting.
There has been vast scientific innovation within the CVD therapeutics market over recent decades, particularly within the anti-dyslipidemia market with the advent of statins such as Lipitor, the best-selling drug of all time, which produce marked reductions in cholesterol levels. More recently, the commonly used direct factor Xa inhibitors which produce anti-coagulant effects, have been made available for oral administration and the advent of PCSK9 inhibitors provide a viable alternative dyslipidemia treatment for when statins are unsuitable or inefficient. There are currently 1368 pipeline drugs within the cardiovascular disease market, the largest therapy area being thrombosis, with 406 pipeline products indicated for treatment or prevention of thrombotic events.
Among those pipeline drugs expected for imminent release to market there is a mixture of first-in-class products, typically anti-dyslipidemia drugs aiming to provide alternatives to statin therapy, and drugs belonging to currently popular classes such as the aforementioned PCSK9 inhibitors and direct factor Xa inhibitors.
View Report At http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/869174
- Analysis of innovation in the CVD market in the context of the overall pipeline and current market landscape. Also includes analysis of the deals landscape, including both licensing deals and co-development deals. Key indications covered in detail include hypertension, dyslipidemia and thrombotic events.
- A brief introduction to CVD, including symptoms, pathophysiology, and an overview of pharmacotherapy for the key diseases.
- Identification of key marketed products, with a focus on historical and forecast sales patterns and an overview of each drug’s mechanism of action.
- Comprehensive review of the pipeline, analyzed on the basis of stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- In-depth market forecasting from 2015 to 2022. The forecasts will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries and drug patent expirations will influence market value.
- Identification and assessment of key pipeline products, with a particular focus on those due to be brought to market in the near future, as well as a sales forecast for these products.
- Identification of the leading companies in the market, in terms of market share and growth. Company analysis determines how dependent these companies are on CVD product revenue. In addition, analysis determines the primary factors that will drive market growth for the key companies.
- Assessment of the licensing and co-development deal landscape for CVD therapies.
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape through a comprehensive analysis of the innovation in the CVD market in the context of the overall pipeline and current market landscape. Also includes analysis of the deals landscape, including both licensing deals and co-development deals. Key indications covered in detail include hypertension, dyslipidemia and thrombotic events
- Understand the current treatment landscape, with portfolios of key marketed products and a focus on historical and forecast sales patterns and an overview of the drug’s mechanism of action.
- Analyze the CVD pipeline through a comprehensive review of the pipeline, segmented by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. This review also provides a detailed look at CVD clinical trials as to provide an insight into the risk associated with attempting to bring CVD pipeline drugs.
- Predict growth in market size, with in-depth market forecasting from 2015 to 2022. The forecast will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries and new drug patents expirations will influence market value.
- Identify the key pipeline products, with a particular focus on those due to be brought to market in the near future, as well as a sales forecast for these products.
- Identify the leading companies in the market, in terms of market share and growth. Company analysis determines how dependent the key companies in the market are on revenue derived from CVD products. In addition, analysis determines the primary factors that will drive market growth for the key companies in the market.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the CVD deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 8
2 Introduction 11
2.1 Therapy Area Introduction 11
2.2 Symptoms 11
2.3 Etiology, Pathophysiology, Comorbidities and Complications 12
2.3.1 Hypertension 12
2.3.2 Dyslipidemia 13
2.3.3 Thrombotic events 15
2.4 Diagnosis 17
2.4.1 Hypertension 17
2.4.2 Dyslipidemia 17
2.4.3 Thrombotic events 18
2.5 Prognosis 18
2.6 Epidemiology Patterns and Forecasts - Prevalence and Patient Segmentation 19
2.6.1 Hypertension 20
2.6.2 Dyslipidemia 21
2.6.3 Thrombotic events 21
2.7 Treatment 22
2.7.1 Thiazide Diuretics 23
2.7.2 Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors 24
2.7.3 Angiotensin Receptor Blockers 25
2.7.4 Calcium Channel Blockers 25
2.7.5 Statins 25
2.7.6 Anticoagulants 26
3 Key Marketed Products 29
3.1 Overview 29
3.2 Crestor (rosuvastatin) - AstraZeneca 29
3.3 Zetia (ezetimibe) - Merck & Co 30
3.4 Lipitor (atorvastatin) - Pfizer 32
3.5 Praluent (alirocumab) - Sanofi 34
3.6 Xarelto (rivaroxaban) - Bayer 35
3.7 Eliquis (apixaban) - Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer 37
3.8 Plavix (clopidogrel) - Sanofi 38
3.9 Brilinta (ticagrelor) - AstraZeneca 40
3.10 Entresto (valsartan plus sacubitril) - Novartis 41
3.11 Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil) - Daiichi Sankyo 43
3.12 Conclusion 44
4 Pipeline Landscape Assessment 46
4.1 Overview 46
4.2 Pipeline Development Landscape 46
4.3 Molecular Targets in the Pipeline 49
4.4 Clinical Trials 53
4.4.1 Failure Rate by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 53
4.4.2 Clinical Trial Duration by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 57
4.4.3 Clinical Trial Size by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 60
5 Multi-Scenario Market Forecast to 2022 67
5.1 Overall Market Size 67
5.2 Generic Penetration 69
5.3 Revenue Forecast by Molecular Target 70
5.3.1 Coagulation Cascade 71
5.3.2 P2Y12 Receptors 71
5.3.3 Beta 1 Adrenergic Receptors 72
5.3.4 PCSK9 Inhibitors 73
5.3.5 HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitors (statins) 74
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.