Reasons for the study
• The aim of the study is to present an in-depth analysis of the global glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) market
• While studying the trends of the brain & spine tumor market, glioblastoma was the highest incidence rate disease
• Within the gliomas market, GBM accounted for the largest share
• We observed that the U.S. FDA has been approving a significant number of drugs for treating glioblastoma in the recent years
Key segments of the upcoming report
Drugs Overview, 2015 – 2025 (USD Million)
• Pipeline Analysis
Regional Overview, 2015 – 2025 (USD Million)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World (RoW)
Key industry insights
• The global glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) market was estimated to exceed over USD xx billion in 2017. Factors such as growing geriatric population, rising incidences of oncology diseases, and lack of conventional treatment options support the growth of the market during the forecast period.
• Glioblastoma multiforme is also known as glioblastoma and is the fastest growing disease which is developed from star-shaped cells. It is being observed as the most common and malignant among the glial tumor cells. This type of tumor is highly malignant as the cells replicate quickly and are supported by huge network of blood vessels.
• The global GBM market has a strong pipeline and is expected to witness novel drugs in the near future. Currently, there are more than 60 molecules for glioblastoma multiforme treatment in clinical trials. The phase III clinical trial drugs are Rindopepimut and DCVax-L.
• The commercially available drugs for the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme are bevacizumab, carmustine, and temozolomide. Temozolomide is an effective drug when combined with surgery, this factor supports the growth of the drug during the study period. Bevacizumab is the first monoclonal antibody drug and is proved to be more effective than temozolomide. Thus, the sales of bevacizumab are expected to exceed temozolomide during the forecast period.
• Geriatric population segment is more prone to be diagnosed with brain disorders or cancer. According to the United Nations, in 2017, it was estimated that around 962 million people were above the age of 60 years, which accounts for around 13% of the total global population. This number is expected to reach 1.4 billion in 2030 and 2.1 billion by 2050. Thus, increasing geriatric population leads to an increase in the number of people diagnosed with glioblastoma, thereby, propelling the growth of GBM market.
• As the conventional therapies such as surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy do not support in increasing the lifespan of the patient, manufacturers are concentrating on developing novel therapies such as biologics, immunotherapy, small molecules and others. The pipeline for glioblastoma multiforme treatment is strong with many therapeutic drugs are in clinical trials and are expected to receive approval from various regulatory authorities. In addition, there are few commercially available drugs such as bevacizumab, carmustine, and temozolomide. Thus, presence of these drugs and introduction of novel therapeutics would drive the glioblastoma multiforme treatment market.
• Geographically, North America and Europe dominated the global glioblastoma multiform market in 2017. The dominance of these regions majorly due to increasing prevalence of glioblastoma in the region coupled with growing healthcare awareness among the population and technological advancements. Around 14,000 new cases of HCG (high grade gliomas), are expected to be diagnosed in the United States in 2017.
• Merck & Co., Inc., Arbor Pharmaceuticals LLC, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries, Ltd., Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries, Ltd., F. Hoffman-La Roche AG, Eisai Co., Ltd., Exelixis, Inc. among others are some of the key players having presence in the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment market. Mergers & acquisitions of small companies by the other players is one of the prime growth strategy adopted by the key market players to enhance and retain their market share in near future. In addition, increasing research and development activities by the players in the field of molecular biology and gene therapy also support them to retain their presence and remain competitive in the market.
The report analyzes several players in the market, some of which include:
• Activartis GmbH
• Arog Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
• Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
• Celldex Therapeutics Inc.
• Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited
• Exelixis Inc.
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
• Immunocellular Therapeutics
• Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
• Teva Pharmaceuticals
What does the report include?
• Market factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities have been discussed in the study
• A separate section in the study addresses the regulatory framework across various countries surrounding the healthcare sector
• The study analyses the market using Porter’s Five Forces Model
• Various types of drugs used for the treatment of GBM have been analyzed in-depth in the study
• Global, regional, and country-level market sizing and projections have been covered in the report
• Profiles of key GBM treatment drug manufacturers have been provided in the report
Chapter 1. Research Methodology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Market Outlook
Chapter 4. Drugs Overview
Chapter 5. Regional Overview
Chapter 6. Industry Structure
Chapter 7. Company Profiles
If you have any special requirements, please let us know and we will offer you the report as you want.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +9164101019