GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape US. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of US. The report identifies the key trends in the healthcare market of US. The report also provides insights on the demographic, regulatory, reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure of US. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
In 2012, US was the third most populated country in the world with a population of approximately 316.2 million. The population of US is increasing at a slow rate of growth due to a negative balance between the mortality and birth rate and low fertility rate. The decline in the population of the working age group and the increasing elderly population are matters of concern for US policy planners. The pharmaceutical market in US was estimated at approximately $359 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach approximately $475 billion by 2020, with a projected CAGR of 3.5%. The medical device market size was approximately $138.9 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach approximately $206 billion by 2020, at a projected CAGR of 5.1%.
- The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of US. The scope of the report includes
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market of US including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers for the market.
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. Key players covered in the pharmaceutical market are Pfizer, Merck & Co., Roche, Abbott and Novartis. Key players covered for the medical devices market are Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline and Siemens Healthcare.
- An insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and market authorization processes for new drug and medical devices for US.
- A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of US, including economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
- An overview of the opportunities and challenges for growth that exist in the healthcare market of US.
Get Sample Copy Of this Report @
Reasons to buy
- The report on US comprehensively covers both the pharmaceutical and medical devices markets of US. The report will enhance your decision-making capability. It will allow you to
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market of US.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical devices market segments and companies likely to impact US healthcare market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the greatest opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare market of US.
Table of Content
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 6
1.1 List of Tables 10
1.2 List of Figures 14
2 Introduction 19
2.1 Report Guidance 19
3 Overview of the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Markets 20
3.1 Pharmaceutical Market 20
3.1.1 Market Overview 20
3.1.2 Supply Channels 27
3.1.3 Market Segments 30
3.1.4 Overview of Major Disease Segments 46
3.1.5 Major Players 50
3.2 Medical Device Market 105
3.2.1 Market Overview 105
3.2.2 Overview of Top Five Segments 107
3.2.3 Diagnostic Market 118
3.2.4 Major Players 120
3.3 Market Drivers and Barriers 158
3.3.1 Drivers 158
3.3.2 Barriers 160
4 Market Access 165
4.1.1 Reimbursement and Payer Landscape 165
4.1.2 Health Insurance and Managed Care in US 166
4.1.3 Overview of Insurance Providers 171
4.1.4 Patient Share in Healthcare Spending 184
4.1.5 Prescription Drug Price Trend 186
4.1.6 Pricing Policies 187
4.2 Regulatory Landscape 190
4.2.1 Overview of Regulatory Agencies 190
4.2.2 New Drug Approval Process 191
4.2.3 Approval Process of Biological Products as Biosimilar or Interchangeable 208
4.2.4 New Medical Device Approval Process 209
4.2.5 Licensing Process for Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing 217
4.2.6 Licensing Process for Pharmaceutical Exports and Imports 222
4.2.7 Intellectual Property Rights 236
4.2.8 Clinical Trial Regulations 239
4.2.9 Pharmaceutical Advertising Regulations 244
4.2.10 Pharmacy Regulations 245
4.2.11 Labeling and Packaging Regulations 247
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.