Psoriasis (PsO) is an incurable genetic, systemic, inflammatory, and chronic skin disorder with an overall prevalence of 2-3% worldwide. Specifically, adult plaque psoriasis, the most common form of Psoriasis, is the focus of this report. Although not life-threatening, Psoriasis causes tremendous morbidity and personal angst for patients.
GlobalData projects the psoriasis market in 8MM to experience modest growth during the forecast period at a CAGR of 7.26%. This growth will be driven primarily by the highly anticipated arrivals of promising systemic therapies- interleukin-23 (IL-23) inhibitors (guselkumab and tildrakizumab), interleukin-17 (IL-17) inhibitors (Cosentyx, Taltz, and brodalumab) as well as phsophodiesterase (PDE4) inhibitor- Otezla (apremilast). Nevertheless, looming patent expiries of high-grossing branded drugs- especially TNF inhibitors, Humira, Enbrel and Remicade, in the US, 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK), and Japan, along with rapid global developments of biosimilars , are expected to spread the growth throughout the different classes of products, away from the branded TNF inhibitors which have traditionally been the main driver of growth in the prior years.
View Report At : http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/754850
Key Questions Answered
- How good is the management of Psoriasis with marketed therapies?
- Which drugs and players are important in the current management landscape?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs and how will their launch shape the future treatment landscape in the Psoriasis market?
- What are the significant unmet needs and remaining opportunities in the Psoriasis market?
- What clinical and commercial factors are likely to uptake of Psoriasis therapies in the US, 5EU, Japan and India?
- The psoriasis market is currently very dynamic, with effective biologic therapiesawaiting approval, such as interleukin-17 (IL-17) inhibitor- brodalumab, interleukin-23 (IL-23) inhibitors- guselkumab and tildrakizumab.
- Novel biologic therapies will challenge the current anti-TNF biologics in an attempt to dislodge their stronghold, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
- The impending patent cliff for biologics will allow for the emergence of biosimilars to all the marketed biologic brands. Patent expiries take place during the forecast period for the current market leaders such as Johnson & Johnsons Remicade (infliximab), AbbVies Humira (adalimumab), Amgens Enbrel (etanercept) and Johnson & Johnsons Stelara (ustekinumab).
- The drivers for market growth will also include affordable treatments throughout the world, as well as the push for long-term drug efficacy. The main challenge for individual drugs will be to distinguish themselves in a crowded marketplace, comprising a highly diversified field of therapies, with existing drugs struggling to increase their patient share.
- Overview of Psoriasis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms and current treatment options
- Topline Psoriasis market revenue from 2014-2024. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, unmet needs, pipeline assessment, and market outlook for the Psoriasis market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products- including promising IL-17 and IL-23 inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Psoriasis market (8MM). Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Psoriasis market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the Psoriasis market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 9
1.1 List of Tables 15
1.2 List of Figures 21
2 Introduction 22
2.1 Catalyst 22
2.2 Related Reports 22
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 23
3 Disease Overview 24
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 24
3.1.1 Etiology 24
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 25
3.2 Symptoms 28
4 Epidemiology 30
4.1 Disease Background 30
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 30
4.3 Global Trends 31
4.3.1 Prevalence 31
4.4 Forecast Methodology 33
4.4.1 Sources Used for One-Year Diagnosed Prevalence of Psoriasis 35
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 37
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, One-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis 38
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Psoriasis (2014-2024) 40
4.5.1 One-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis 40
4.5.2 Age-Specific One-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis 42
4.5.3 Sex-Specific One-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis 44
4.5.4 Age-Standardized One-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis 46
4.5.5 One-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis by Severity 47
4.6 Discussion 48
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 48
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 49
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 49
5 Disease Management 50
5.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 50
5.1.1 Diagnosis 50
5.1.2 Leading Prescribed Drugs and Treatment Guidelines 51
5.1.3 Clinical Practice 54
5.2 US 54
5.3 5EU 59
5.4 Japan 62
5.5 India 65
6 Competitive Assessment 67
6.1 Overview 67
6.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 68
6.3 Product Profiles - Major Brands 69
6.3.1 Enbrel (Etanercept) 69
6.3.2 Humira (Adalimumab) 76
6.3.3 Remicade (Infliximab) 82
6.3.4 Stelara (Ustekinumab) 89
6.3.5 Cosentyx (Secukinumab) 95
6.3.6 Taltz (Ixekizumab) 103
6.3.7 Otezla (Apremilast) 112
6.3.8 Taclonex and Enstilar (Calcipotriene and Betamethasone Dipropionate) 117
6.3.9 Methotrexate 123
6.3.10 Fumaderm (Fumaric Acid Esters) 128
6.3.11 Alzumab (Itolizumab) 133
6.3.12 Other Therapeutic Drug Classes Used in Psoriasis 136
6.3.13 Non-pharmacological Therapy 137
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.