Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is among the 10 most frequently occurring cancers in Western countries. The RCC market is currently dominated by anti-angiogenic agents and tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) in particular, but it will experience dramatic changes over the forecast period as patents expire and promising new therapies enter the market. A large share of the RCC market is currently dominated by a few large companies, but they will struggle to retain these shares as they are joined by new entrants. One of these new entrants, Opdivo, is expected to have the largest market share by 2023. The different lines of treatment will offer up different battlegrounds and niches for companies, large and small, to compete for. The battle for the first-line of therapy is expected to be fierce, with three programmed death protein 1 (PD-1)/programmed death ligand 1 (PD-L1)-containing combination therapies backed by large companies lining up to compete. Out of this competition, new standards of care are expected to emerge for the different lines of treatment. There will also be a number of unmet needs still remaining at the end of the forecast period, and with that, the opportunity for pipeline drugs to carve out a niche in the RCC space.
Key Questions Answered
- The RCC market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of RCC market?
- The late-stage RCC pipeline has therapies targeting different lines of therapy. Which drugs will have the biggest impact in each RCC setting? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- Current therapies used to treat RCC include tyrosine kinase inhibitors and mTOR inhibitors. What will be the impact of the patent expiry of the current standard of care? How will the advent of new therapies change the drug treatment landscape for RCC? How will new drug combinations change the treatment paradigm of RCC? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
- The main drivers of the growth of the RCC market will be the launch of Opdivo in second-line setting and PD-1 modulator combinations in the first-line setting. GlobalData forecasts significant patient uptake for Opdivo, which will supersede tyrosine kinase inhibitors and mTOR inhibitors to become the SoC in second-line setting.
- The approval of immunotherapy in monotherapy or in combination with other agents will partially fulfil key unmet needs in the RCC space: however, many of these unmet needs will still remain even after these agents are launched.
- Another driver of the RCC market is the increasing incidence of RCC cases within the 8MM. The biggest constrainer of the RCC market is the launch of generics of tyrosine kinase inhibitors currently established as standard of care in most markets.
- Overview of RCC, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized RCC therapeutics market revenue, average cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the RCC therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global RCC therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global RCC therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global RCC therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global RCC therapeutics market from 2013-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 8
1.1 List of Tables 15
1.2 List of Figures 21
2 Introduction 24
2.1 Catalyst 24
2.2 Related Reports 24
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 25
3 Disease Overview 26
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 26
3.1.1 Etiology 26
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 26
3.2 Clinical Staging 27
3.3 Symptoms 28
3.4 Prognostic Models 29
3.5 Potential Biomarkers 30
4 Epidemiology 31
4.1 Disease Background 31
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 31
4.3 Global Trends 33
4.3.1 Incidence 33
4.3.2 Survival Rates for RCC - 8MM 35
4.4 Forecast Methodology 36
4.4.1 Sources Used 38
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 41
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods for RCC Diagnosed Incident Cases 41
4.4.4 Forecast Assumptions and Methods for RCC Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases 42
4.4.5 Forecast Assumptions and Methods for RCC by Clinical Stage at Diagnosis 43
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of RCC (2013-2023) 44
4.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC 44
4.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC 45
4.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC 47
4.5.4 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Incidence of RCC 49
4.5.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC by Clinical Stage at Diagnosis 51
4.5.6 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of RCC 52
4.6 Discussion 53
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 53
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 54
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 54
5 Disease Management 56
5.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 56
5.1.1 Screening and Diagnosis 56
5.1.2 Surgical Management of RCC 56
5.1.3 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 57
5.1.4 Clinical Practice 59
5.2 US 64
5.2.1 Diagnosis and Surgical Management 64
5.2.2 Clinical Practice (Drug Treatment) 65
5.3 France 66
5.3.1 Diagnosis and Surgical Management 66
5.3.2 Clinical Practice (Drug Treatment) 67
5.4 Germany 67
5.4.1 Diagnosis and Surgical Management 68
5.4.2 Clinical Practice (Drug Treatment) 68
5.5 Italy 69
5.5.1 Diagnosis and Surgical Management 69
5.5.2 Clinical Practice (Drug Treatment) 70
5.6 Spain 71
5.6.1 Diagnosis and Surgical Management 71
5.6.2 Clinical Practice (Drug Treatment) 72
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.