United States has the highest market share in Global Spinal Fusion Market followed by Germany, China and France. United Kingdom and India is at the 4th and 5th place respectively. However the scenario is expected to change drastically by 2020. United States market share will decline by almost 10 percentage points. But its market share will still be almost double that of China. Germany will occupy the third position and its market share will be twice more than smaller than China. France will have the fourth position. Whereas countries like India, United Kingdom, Australia and Sweden market share will differ with very few percentage points among themselves.
What is Spinal Fusion?
Another term for Spinal Fusion is spondylodesis or spondylosyndesis. It is a surgical operation, which is done to remove the problems from small spinal bones called vertebrae. The primary philosophy is to fuse two vertebral segments together using bone graft, and then the body itself heals the grafts in the next few months. This process is similar to healing a fracture. Spinal Fusion idea is like that of “welding” process.
Types of Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Posterolateral Gutter Fusion:This spinal fusion operation is being done through back
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF):This operation is done from back, in this operation doctor removes the disc linking two vertebrae and putting a bone into the created space between two vertebral bodies
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF):Just like above surgery PLIF, this operation is also performed from the back of the spine
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF):Contrary to above operations this procedure is performed from the front. In this operation also doctor removes the disc linking two vertebrae and putting a bone into the created space between two vertebral bodies
- Anterior / Posterior Spinal Fusion:This operation can be performed from the front and back too.
- Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF):Unlike operation mentioned above, this is an interbody fusion in which surgery is performed from side.
Globally Spinal fusion market is driven by ageing population and associated increasing incidences of degenerative spinal conditions. Back pain is the most common problem globally, and it is a costly affair for healthcare system. It is estimated that nearly USD 90 Billion annually is spent on back pain related problem in United States. Surgery rates are different across all regions of United States. In some region, it is overutilization whereas in some region surgery rates are underutilization.
Our research report titled "Global Spinal Fusion Market, Procedure Volume and Forecast” talks about the Spinal Fusion Market and Spinal Fusion Procedures data for 8 countries from 2010 to 2020.
All the 8 Countries studied in the report are as follows
1. United States
5. United Kingdom
For more information:
Renub Research is a leading Market Research and Information Analysis Company with centers at Noida India and Roswell USA. We have long-term experience especially in international Business-to-Business Researches, Surveys, Business and Consulting. Throughout the years we have acquired expertise in most market sectors, including Information Technology (IT), Telecoms, Life Sciences, Medical & Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services (Banking, Insurance, Reinsurance, M&A, etc.), Energy, Chemicals, Automotive, Retail, FMCG, Consumer Goods, Logistics, Governmental, Social, and Others.
Our core team is comprised of an experienced people holding graduate, post graduate and Ph.D. degrees in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Bio-Technology, Medicine, Information Technology, Environmental Science and many more. Our research help make the business decisions: on strategy, organization, operations, technology, mergers & acquisitions etc. We support many blue chip companies by providing them findings and perspectives across a wide range of markets. Our research reports offer a blend of information insight, analysis and forecasting that is essential in today’s ultra-competitive markets.