Reasons for the study
• The aim of the study is to present a detailed outlook of the global thermal paper market.
• The study includes an in-depth analysis on the industry scenario at the regional and country level
• We have been analyzing various trends pertaining to the thermal paper industry such as development of various end-user sectors which extensively utilize thermal paper products, such as packaging & labelling, retail stores, commercial buildings including malls, offices, etc., and government enterprises
• During the course of our research, we found out that there is a significant utilization of thermal paper based tags and labels especially in the area of anti-counterfeit packaging. Additionally, the rising point-of-sale (POS) terminals in the world, especially for paper transactions and legal documentation is directly impacting the product demand and is expected to boost its consumption in the future.
• We have also analyzed the key restraining factors of industry growth that mainly includes consumer inclination towards paperless documentation, e-commerce, e-services, mail invoices, bills, and others
• During research on region and country specific markets, we noticed that the industry is likely to prosper in developing economies such as China and India, owing to the expansion of supermarkets and food & beverage packaging sectors in these countries
Key industry insights
• The global thermal paper market revenue stood at USD xx million in 2017, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period
• Direct thermal has been the majorly used technology that accounted for over 50% of the global volume in 2017. Over the past few years, this technology has emerged as a favorable choice in the printing industry, as it exhibits various attributes such as noise reduction, good mobility and full graphics capability.
• The declining share for thermal transfer technology is attributed in light of high cost associated with ribbons used in printing. Thermal transfer printing ribbons have a limited ability to use for a single time only. As a result, thermal paper manufacturers incur high cost for the procurement of ribbons which result in increasing production expenditure.
• The POS application constituted the largest share of the global market in 2017. In terms of revenue, this application is expected to boost the product demand at a CAGR of approximately 7% from 2018 to 2025.
• Rising demand for POS terminals in the Asia Pacific region is expected to boost the product consumption in retail transactions in the form of bill receipts, cash registers and ATM rolls
• Some of the key players operating in the global industry include Appvion, Inc., Ricoh Company Ltd., Oji Holdings Corporation, Hansol Paper, Siam Paper Public Company Limited, Mitsubishi Paper Mills (MPM) Limited, Henan Province JiangHe Paper Co., Ltd., and Gold Huasheng Paper Co., Ltd., Jujo Thermal Limited
• Germany-based Koehler accounted for over 19.0% of global thermal paper market share in 2017. The company manufactures thermal paper at the production facility located in Kehl, Germany. As of 2017, the company had a strong business presence in North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Australia with a workforce of nearly 1,800 people.
• In November 2017, Appvion, Inc. announces its plans of consolidating the majority of its business division involving carbonless paper coating, sheeting, and rewinding operations. The overall business operations are expected to be repositioned from its existing location in Wisconsin state to the company’s integrated pulp & paper mill based in Pennsylvania, U.S. This strategic move is considered to enable the company in obtaining long-term business accomplishments, through vertical integration of operations and enhancement the operational efficiency of the manufacturing and logistics sections.
• Technology Overview, 2015 – 2025 (Volume) (Revenue)
• Application Overview, 2015 – 2025 (Volume) (Revenue)
Lottery & Gaming
Tags & Labels
• Regional Overview, 2015 – 2025 (Volume) (Revenue)
Middle East & Africa
Central & South America
The report has analyzed several players in the market, some of which include
• Oji Holdings Corporation
• Mitsubishi Paper Mills (MPM) Limited
• Hansol Paper
• Papierfabrik August Koehler SE (Koehler Paper)
• Ricoh Company Ltd.
What does the report include?
• Significant market factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities have been discussed in the study. It also covers the value chain from raw materials to the end-users noting trends of integration.
• The study analyses the market using various tools including Porter’s Five Forces Model and PESTEL
• Various technologies and application sectors utilizing thermal paper have been analyzed in-depth in the research study
• Profiles of key industry players have been provided in the report along with the competitive strategies implemented by these players
• Company market share analysis has been included in the study, which lays emphasis on the competitive nature of the global industry
Chapter 1. Research Methodology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Market Outlook
Chapter 4. Technology Overview
Chapter 5. Application Overview
Chapter 6. Regional Overview
Chapter 7. Industry Structure
Chapter 8. Company Profiles
If you have any special requirements, please let us know and we will offer you the report as you want.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +9164101019