Xylitol Market Size By Application (Chewing Gum, Confectionary, Food, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals), Downstream Application Potential (Xylaric Acid, Ethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Germany, UK, France, Finland, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Brazil, Mexico), Production Technology, Price Trend, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2023”in detail along with the table of contents:
U.S. xylitol market size may generate over USD 350 million sales by 2023. The consumers are focused for adopting natural ingredients in final products formulation owing to growing health concerns resulting from synthetic materials. FDA has granted GRAS status to xylitol use in food & beverages, which may favor regional industry growth.
Increasing health awareness among consumers for low calorie based sweeteners in product formulation should drive global xylitol market size. Versatility & equivalent sweetness, reduces carbohydrate cravings & binge eating, low calorie, minimal effect on blood sugar & insulin levels and excellent taste are major benefits fueling product demand.
Increasing application scope in sugar free gum formulations should drive xylitol market size. Chewing gum application may witness average industry gains at over 6% and register close to 185 kilo tons of product consumption by 2023. This sugar alcohol is used to coat pellet form of sugar-free gums due to rapid drying & crystallization properties. It is used to prevent tooth decay risks and is associated with halting the progression of tiny cavities.
Xylitol downstream potential market includes its use as a platform chemical or building block for xylaric acid, glycols (propylene glycol and ethylene glycol). Global ethylene glycol market size was over 18 million tons in 2015 and expects gains close to 5%. Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) application was dominant have already penetrated the CSD and bottled water market and are poised for growth in durable applications such as alcoholic & hot beverage packaging, sheet/film market, food packaging and automotive industry. Glycols also find extensive applications in antifreeze and de-icing fluids formulations.
Key raw materials, birch wood and corncob, are used for xylose production. Corncob has dominated the xylose production over the past few years with majority of the manufacturing base set up in China. Corncobs may witness tight supply dynamics due to demand in biofuel and food applications which may lead to production deficit and hinder xylitol market price trend.
Key insights from the report include:
- Food application in the U.S. should witness highest gains at 5.4% in revenue terms and generate over USD 45 million business by 2023. Rising health concerns owing to increase in diabetic and obesity issues should promote xylitol market as low calorie natural sweetener in the region.
- Japan xylitol market size may witness significant gains in chewing gum applications with expected gains at 7%. The Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW) has approved the use of this polyol for food applications.
- France xylitol market size may witness gains at over 5.5%. Growing obesity rate and type II diabetes are key factors to drive low calorie sweeteners demand. Consumers prefer natural based ingredients in the final product formulation owing to increasing health consciousness.
- Xylitol is used as a sweetener or excipient in pharmaceutical formulations which is used in preparation for cough syrups, tablets and tonics.
- Personal care application in Brazil xylitol market size may register over USD 1.7 million sales by 2023. Growing health concerns coupled with rise in spending capacity in should drive regional industry.
- Global xylitol market share is moderately consolidated. Key market players include Danisco (DuPont), Roquette Freres and Futaste Pharmaceutical. Other industrial participants include ZuChem, Ingredion, DFI Corporation, CSPC Shengxue Glucose and Thomson Biotech.
- The production base in concentrated in China which has emerged as top exporter of this product category. China has also witnessed an production overcapacity which has led to severe pricing competition among key participants owing to low product differentiation.
Global Market Insights, Inc., headquartered in Delaware, U.S., is a global market research and consulting service provider; offering syndicated and custom research reports along with growth consulting services. Our business intelligence and industry research reports offer clients with penetrative insights and actionable market data specially designed and presented to aid strategic decision making. These exhaustive reports are designed via a proprietary research methodology and are available for key industries such as chemicals, advanced materials, technology, renewable energy and biotechnology.